Chapter 27 ✅

3rd Person POV

“Your sister?” Sally is clearly taken aback about the mention of the girl. “Vivian? She told you about Vivian?”

Her eyes immediately zone onto the raven and it’s something akin to hope, but it soon vanishes and she’s staring back and forth at the two. She stops at Keith. “You say her name as if she’s the person you hate most in the world.”

Keith snaps his mouth shut. Of all the people to say it to, the last one he’d want to ever tell was Sally.

Sally’s eyes narrow at him. “Why?” She looks at Katie, disdain in her voice as she speaks. “What has she told you about Vivian?”

“What has she told you? Clearly it isn’t about Vivian.” He turns the table on her.

Sally and Keith stare at each other. Keith had had a share in helping with schemes against rivalry and enemy packs, but he’d learned it all from his sister, his sister who had teamed up with Sally to plot them all.

“Vivian is my best friend, and she is important to me like Samuel is.” She bares her teeth in annoyance. “She is more important than what Katie has told us.”

“Us, as in plural tense: you, Trish, Daniel, Nick, and Jackson. Even Samuel I’m guessing. You all know. Why can’t I?” Keith shoots back. “Obviously it’s important if the Alpha’s inner circle knows.”

Sally brushes off the statement. “If Katie hasn’t told you about it, then why should I? Besides whatever is discussed between us and our Alpha is confidential.”

“It’s not that Katie doesn’t want to tell me, I refuse to listen to whatever she wishes to say. After what happened after she spoke about Vivian, about the Witches’ spell, curse, oath, whatever it is, if it’s going to lead to her burning from inside out, then I don’t want her to tell me.” He chances a glance at Katie who is looking down into her smoothie.

He faces Sally who has a displeased frown on her face. “But, since you know and Katie is here, you can ask for her permission on whether or not you can tell me. So Katie, can they?”

Katie nods her head at him.

He smirks, “See?”

“Rose is the Alpha of the West’s daughter.” Sally doesn’t waver when she speaks.

Keith’s smiles falls and his eyes are wide as saucers when they catch the serious gaze of the blonde female. “What?”

“I’m not going to repeat myself.” She huffs indigently.

Keith turns his head to Katie in shock. “Is that true?”

He doesn’t know what to say. The enemy’s daughter is in their territory and a million scheming ploys are already forming in his head of how they could use her as an advantage against the King of the West. Then, a thought flashes in his mind and everything stops.

A tree, a puddle of blood seeping into roots, butterflies.

He looks at Katie. “I’m guessing if she talks, she’ll also be damaged too? And with how she was born with a weak body and all, it wouldn’t be ideal to have her spilling secrets?”

Katie can only smile sadly and nod once.

He feels a hand on his shoulder and Samuel is smiling at him. And that’s right… Keith remembers. He feels oddly defeated as he slumps his shoulders. Rose is also Samuel’s mate, Katie’s most important person.

“Exactly how I feel.” Sally grumbles out.

Keith knows exactly how she feels, to have information, to have to hurt someone who is the enemy’s child and holds the precious information and…and can’t do a damn thing about it!