Chapter 6

3rd Person POV

“Your mate is beautiful Sammy,” Sally says as soon as she spots Samuel and the others walking into the lounge.

Samuel sends her a sheepish smile, “You’re still here? And thanks! I know right!” Fully basking at a compliment about his mate, especially since it's from his sister.

“Your mate may be easy to woe, but good luck with her friend. It looks like you’ll need her approval if you even wish to date her,” Trish sniggers from Jackson's side.

Daniel pats Samuel’s shoulder sympathetically. “Good luck with that,” he laughs.

Samuel’s smile freezes at the mention of Katie.

“Well if she’s a female Alpha, the girl must have a huge ego and pride.” Sally nonchalantly says.

“She doesn’t,” Jackson interrupts her.

“Yeah,” Daniel adds, “she threw away her pride when she begged Jack to save Rose. If anything, when it comes to Rose, it seems Pride is the last thing on her mind.”

“You sound like you know her already,” Sally crosses her arms, not convinced in the least.

“Well we have the time to get to know her. She seems like fun to me,” Trish grins. “Plus, I kind of like her.”

“Me too,” Nick smiles, “I know she really cares about her friend. She watches her like Rose is her sister.”

Sally looks at Nick and pouts, “Oi, it’s bad enough my brother and our friends are against me. I can’t have my mate siding with them.”

Nick laughs at her and wraps his arms around her waist lovingly. “I’m not siding with anyone, Love, I’m just saying. Give them a chance.”

She looks at Jackson who is giving her an expectant look.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Her Alpha tells her.

Then she looks at the rest of her friends and mate who are hoping that she’ll at least try.

Sally huffs indigently, “Fine. I’ll give the two rogues a chance. After all I’m going to be the one tending to Sammy’s mate.”

Samuel grins at her. “You’re the best sis!”

“Oh shut up. I’m going to make sure that the person you’re pinning for is worthy of you.” Sally chides with an eye roll.

“Yeah, yeah. Thanks.” Samuel swings his arm around her shoulders and pulls her in for a hug, snatching her away from Nick.

~Ding~

Jackson pulls out his phone when his notification sounds. “Katie’s asking where their escort is at.” He looks up at them. “She said Sam’s not in his bedroom.”

Samuel’s face falls. “Oh no!” He hugs his sister one more time and dashes to the elevator as if his life depended on it. “Crap, I have to impress Kaite!”

“Don’t you mean Rose?” Sally calls out to him, amused at her brother's antics.

“No! I mean yeah! But Katie’s like her father and I want her approval!” He howlers back before the elevator door closes.

Trish and Daniel break out in uncontrollable laughter at their idiot friend.

“Oh god. It’s so funny how the funny guy in the group is trying to impress someone but failing.” Trish grins.

“Why does she have your number?” Sally turns to Jackson.

He stares at her. She stares at him.