Chapter 22 ✅

3rd Person POV

Katie stirs in her sleep and hugs the warm pillow closer to her body. “Hm?” Her eyebrows nit together when the sparks begin to stand out along with that addicting smell.

She snaps her eyes open and stares wide eye at Jackson who has his arms wrapped around her, and Katie has her arms wrapped around his waist.

“I know you’re awake,” she huffs, blushing when one of his eyes open to peer down at her.

“How did you know?” His morning voice sends shivers down her spine.

“Your heart isn’t as calm as your façade right now. I’m also a werewolf you know.” Katie rolls her eyes. “I can practically feel it.”

He pulls her closer and nuzzles into her, inhaling her sent. “Whatever. Let’s go back to sleep.”

“Hey Jackson…” Katie hesitantly says.

“I said you can call me Jack.” He moves closer to her for warmth ignoring the wonders she does to him by saying his name.

“I can’t, doesn’t taste right in mouth. Maybe Jay?” She says aloud.

Jackson stiffens.

“What? You don’t like it? Fine I can ca—“

“No, it’s fine. Call me whatever you want.” He says, hugging her closer to his body despite how close they already are.

“Well anyways, I need to tell you something.” Katie whispers, scared of what will happen to her if she continues from where she left off last night.

“If it has anything to do with Ben’s secret, I don’t want to know it. Not if you’re going to die.” Jackson pulls back to look her straight in the eye. “I already told you, you don’t need to say anything if you don’t want to.”

“But I want to tell you this,” Katie says searching his eyes. “I want to.”

“I don’t want you to.” Jackson says determinedly. “I don’t want to know.”

Katie remains silent after that and the two just bathe in each other’s arms and warmth.

After thirty minutes pass, Jackson has to get up and do his work in his office.

Katie remains in his bed after he leaves the bedroom, inhaling and exhaling his scent around the entire room. She wants to mark her scent too, she’s tempted. She can feel the wolf in her shaking in her restraints with longing. Longing to be set free and run. She knows, because she feels the same way.

“Katie…” She throws her arm over her eyes to hold back her tears. It doesn’t work of course. “Remember why you’re doing this.” She bites her lips to hold back the sobs, it barely works. “I’m such an idiot.” Her humorless laugh quivers from the lump forming in her throat.

She wanted to tell him everything, and she hates herself because of it. Because she knows it’s not just the wolf inside her that wants.

When she’s done self-loathing, Katie collects herself and goes back to the guest room and gets ready. She did promise to make breakfast that day after all. She puts on some black spandex leggings that end around her ankles, and wears her usual kind of style black tank-top with her worn down Nike shoes. She has business after breakfast.

Katie is silent when she walks through the staircases. She doesn’t take the elevator, not wanting to run into someone at the moment because who knows if the whole pack knows about last night. She doesn’t want to risk getting into an enclosed box with anyone, let alone anyone of the people from last night. It’s bad enough she woke up to the most troublesome one of them all in bed. So she takes the stairs and hurries to the kitchen locking up all the exits and entrances and begins breakfast.