Chapter 5

3rd Person’s POV

Trish freezes when all eyes land her. She’s holding two large shoulder bags and a large plastic bag.

“Uh…”she sheepishly grins, “someone going to help?”

Daniel shakes his head and chuckles at her timing, he grabs one while Samuel snatches the one that smells of Rose. Trish rolls her eyes at him.

“Am I interrupting something?” She asks after she looks pointed at the ones in trouble.

“Nothing,” Samuel huffs as he hugs the bag close to his chest.

Silence.

“Eh-em” Nick appears from behind her a minute later.

All eyes shift again, but this time to the two girls behind the doctor.

Rose is being held bridal style in Katie’s arms.

Samuel immediately drops the bag he’s holding and runs to Rose’s side. “I can carry her!”

Katie quickly glares at him and he stops a foot away, almost touching her. “I’m already carrying her. And be careful with my bag.”

He backs off and picks up the bag, but everyone can see the horrified expression on his face. “Oh,” he says downheartedly and gulps. “I’m sorry.”

Rose quickly tries to reassure him, “But thank you for the offer. It’s just…Katie is very protective of me since I’m weak and all…And don’t worry, most of my things are in her bag!”

Samuel smiles at her like she’s the Moon Goddess herself.

Jackson nods his head for them to enter.

With her head held high and holding Rose closer to her body, Katie steps into the pack house.

Immediately the other occupants tense.

“This is Rose,” Jackson motions to her, “and she’s Samuel’s mate. She’ll be recovering here at the pack house.” He then looks to Katie who is observing the rest of the members, “And she’s Katie. She won’t hurt anyone unless someone attacks Rose. They will not shift granted they get my permission to do so.”

At that, Katie finally looks at him like she wants to say something but doesn’t because it wouldn’t be wise to disrespect an Alpha in front of his pack.

He turns back to the members who attacked them, “And you all will go to the elders and train under their guidance for the next two weeks.”

Their faces fall at the thought. The rest of the pack members shoot them sympathetic and pity looks.

“You are to leave tonight. Keith and Tony, you two will right when you’re healed. Everyone, dismiss.”

The pack members all scramble out of the lounge; some heading up stairs, other’s elevators, and the rest out the mansion.

Katie’s POV

My eyes widen when the lounge is almost empty.

The place is so open, and there are several tables and chairs, couches and coffee tables.

I look at the left side and there is an area for the kids, on the other side of the entrance next to the elevator is a door that seems to smell like variety of foods and drinks, most likely the kitchen.

My head snaps to a few teenagers hanging out around an entertainment system on the right side.

“Nice isn’t it?” Trish bumps our shoulders together.