Chapter 21 ✅

3rd Person POV

Once Katie's done, she puts on a plain white t-shirt and some black short shorts then leaves the bathroom.

The guys are back inside the room again and Jackson is also there.

"What's going on?" Katie asks, dropping her bag next to the drawer on the ground.

Rose is looking at her with a determined face. "Jackson met up with the guys outside and came in to check on us."

I look at Jackson and he forces a smile. "I wanted to apologize earlier if my reaction offended you in anyway.

I mentally slap myself and feel ashamed for making him think it's his fault. For once I agree with the wolf side of me and feel terrible.

"No, it wasn't your fault. I just said something I shouldn't have."

I see Rose stiffen from my words.

"Still," Jackson tries but I cut him off.

"Look, it's fine. It's my fault, alright?"

Silence fills the room after that for a long moment before Rose suddenly speaks up.

"I told him that next week Friday, I'll tell him about the West Clan."

Katie's eyes widen at that. "No you're not." She recovers quickly surprising everyone at her Alpha tone.

Now it's Rose's turn to widen her eyes. "What?"

"I said you're not Rose." Katie repeats. "Not until you're completely healed."

Rose frowns at her, not convinced. Clearly she's healed enough now. "Stop lying already!" She yells.

Everyone is stunned into silence. They don't want to interfere between the two, and despite Rose being an omega, for some reason she has an aura of a leader right now.

Rose stands up from the bed, but doesn't close the distance between the two. She looks absolutely pissed. "You were never planning on letting me say anything from the beginning!"

Jackson and the rest snap their heads to Katie in shock.

"Is that true?" Daniel asks.

Katie avoids their eyes and sighs, scratching the back of her head. "I'm not sure."

"What do you mean you're not sure?" Sally suddenly asks, already on the verge of shouting. "You promised! Unless you're backing out because you really are a spy!"

"I'm not a spy." Katie snaps at her.

"And I've already given them the choice to speak about it or not," Jackson says calmly, but nobody is listening to him.

"Then why don't you plan on sharing their information with us? You two are going to be leaving when Rose is down recovering." Nick asks, holding Sally back in his embrace just in case.

Jackson doesn't react to that statement, but Samuel frowns at it.

"Rose, you know why I don't want you to say anything." Katie doesn't answer him. "They'll hurt you."

"Now that's just bullshit!" Sally roars. "How can they hurt her when she's in the heart of the East Clan?! It's impossible! Come on, Katie! Give us a more believable excuse!"

"I'm telling the truth!" Katie shouts back. "Why can't you believe me?"

"And I thought we were your friends! Why can't you believe in us?!" Sally's voice wavers as she shouts. "I don't want to not believe you, but I can't if you won't believe in us! Do you really think we'd let them hurt you guys? Rose is Sammy's mate! You two are also our friends!"