Chapter 13 ✅

Katie’s POV

I made sure that I look presentable before I started heading back to the pack house. Last thing I needed were odd stares and a worried Rose.

She’s finally happy and not worrying about me.

The walk feels longer. But it’s enough for me to calm down and take in the natural beauty of Mother Nature.

It looks really beautiful.

My eyes snap to the pack house coming into view and watch a couple nearby tenses and whisper in hush voices to each other. There’s a kid with his mother and they’re quickly scrambling off in the opposite direction than me.

I click my tongue at how easily they stare judgmentally at me.

Like they know half the shit I went through.

“Katie,” Trish jogs up to me and I have to smile at how she roughly shoves at the members glaring at me.

“Trish,” I greet.

Trish grins and now I feel like I should hurry back to Rose.

“Want to hang out? I’ll show you around!” She offers.

Suddenly, something pops in my head and I nod. “Actually there is a place I want to go, but I was afraid nobody would tell me if I asked.”

“Oh? Where?” Trish looks intrigue.

I bite my lip wondering if she’d really tell me. She seems cool and doesn’t seem like she’ll blow up in my face or quickly judge me. “Remember the two who I badly injured?”

Trish nods curiously.

“Can you take me to the one that didn’t injure Rose?” I ask.

“Okay.” Trish grins.

“Okay?” I ask dumbfolded. “You aren’t going to ask why?”

Trish raises an eyebrow at me. “I know you’re not stupid enough to start trouble. And come Katie,” she playfully shoves me and I step back because I’m still in shock, “We’re friends right? Who do you take me for?”

I laugh at her exaggerated eye roll and follow into to step when she begins walking. “A ticking bomb that has an endless pit in her so called stomach.”

Trish laughs heartily at that and rubs her stomach. “Har, har. Real funny.”

It’s a long walk into the woods before we stop at a small house.

Trish knocks on the door and a few seconds later a little girl who looks no older then eleven opens it. She smiles and greets Trish, then her eyes land me and her smile drops. She sniffs the air and takes a step back.

“Trish, why is there a rogue with you?” She eyes me cautiously looking ready to bolt back inside the door.

“We’re here for your big brother Tony.” Trish smiles sweetly at the girl. “And don’t worry, Katie here is my friend. Katie, this is Jessie, Tony’s little sister.”

I smile kindly at her and her eyebrows nit together in confusion. “You’re not a bad person?”

Before I can answer a male’s voice inside the house cuts me off. “Jessie! What’s taking you so long? Who’s at the door?”

Jessie hesitates and Trish pushes the door open allowing herself in. “Me and a friend who wants to speak to you.”

I smile apologetically at Jessie who doesn’t look sure if I should be entering or not before she follows after Trish and I.