Chapter 24 ✅

3rd Person POV

It's been already two months since Katie and Rose had been attacked in the East Clan's territory.

Katie has been sleeping with Rose inside their guest bedroom with no more problems. She's still on good terms with Daniel, Nick, and Trish. They'd come chill with them at night and pick on Samuel.

Sally seems to be avoiding her and Rose like the plague the last few days ever since she found out about Rose.

Jackson hasn't spoken to Katie since their chat from the kitchen that day which was like a week ago.

She's been making three meals a day with the help of Keith who is surprisingly good at cooking. She's also been sparring against him and he's growing faster than she thought at first. He's also been making her smoothies.

It's already passed lunch. And Katie and Keith just finished their smoothies.

Keith's POV

"It's already Wednesday, damn." I growl out. I can't believe I lost track of time.

Katie raises an eyebrow at me.

"The um-my punishment with the Elders," I answer.

"Oh right." She drawls, clearly not feeling bad that she's the reason why even if it was my fault. "When do you leave?"

"Well, Sally wrote a doctor's note saying I'll be out of commission for the last three months. Same with Tony even though you've healed us, but she doesn't know that."

Right, she healed Tony weeks before she did to me. I swear she's such a pain in the ass.

Tony would rub it in my face when he would stop by if he didn't want to participate in any pack duties to chill and sometimes watch us spar these last few weeks. His sister Jessie would come along sometimes to hang out with Katie.

I still can't believe I'm going to be punished even though Katie and I aren't at each other's throats all time and actually tolerate each other now.

"I have a feeling she knows you guys are good enough to go," Katie laughs quietly and I notice how her eyes look distant.

"Yeah... but Jackson said I should take full advantage of it!" I say cheekily with a grin. I have an awesome Alpha.

"He spoke to you?" She asks downheartedly.

I eye her from the corner of my eyes. "Well he is my Alpha."

My suspicions on the two only grow more and more when I notice the little details with the two continuously dancing around each other. And it only frustrates me more when I don't know anything!

"Oh right."

Why does she sound sad?

I can tell because we've bonded during our time together, though, I would have probably hated the idea two months ago. If anyone told me then that I'd be walking willingly with the white bitch that almost killed me that day to the butterfly field, I would have laughed in their face. Unfortunately, if anyone had said that, they probably would be laughing in front of my face right now.

"Why do you look so down?" I bump our shoulders. "Aren't you supposed to be the legendary female Alpha?"

Katie pouts. "I am."

My eyebrows nit together in confusion, because of the underlying tone in her voice; she sounds offended. I was only joking around. "Do you know of the legend of the female Alpha?"

Katie nods, her frown deepening.

"I was just wondering what you think about it."

"And?" She asks softly.