Chapter 3

Katie’s POV

Rose and I barely ventured out, and when we did, we’d always stick together to either eat out at the Diner or shop for fresh food and water.

It didn’t help how more werewolves were now present and would always watch our every move for the last two days, until the third day, which is today, some just couldn’t handle it I guess.

Rose screamed as the girl chased us into the nearby woods.

We’ve been running from them for the last ten minutes.

I swear these assholes are toying with us. They’re having fun chasing after us as if we’re prey. These bastards.

I grit my teeth when I notice two more werewolves appear on our sides, two boys who look royally pissed. And that makes me angry even more because we didn’t do anything and they’re chasing us with the intent to kill!

I chance a look back at Rose I’m practically dragging behind me. I growl by how she looks about ready to faint. She shouldn’t even be running in the first place.

A movement up ahead catches my attention; I snap my head up when the strong stench of a group of werewolves hit my nostrils.

“Shit!” I curse.

Spotting a huge boulder up ahead I stop in front of it and sandwich Rose between me and it.

Our attackers shout nonsense before shifting into their wolf and circle threateningly around us.

“Spies!” One wolf growls with many more growls following after.

“The West Clan sent you guys didn’t they?!”

“You have guts stepping in our territory!”

Many more threats and nasty comments were thrown at us before one wolf finally pounced.

I didn’t waste a second and lunged towards the wolf, punching its jaws, ignoring the fact that the mutt is twice my size. He flew back into the werewolves clustered together.

I could feel my eyes bleeding black and my inner wolf beginning to surface as I try to hold it back.  

I can’t shift here. Not yet.

Counting to ten in my head I calm my breathing and rising temper.

“We are just passing through!” I try to remain civic.

One wolf snarls unconvinced and the other werewolves start doing the same.

Immediately all of them attack together.

I do my best to just throw the freaking idiots aside instead of attacking. I need to remain calm and—

“Ahh!” Rose screams in agony from behind me.

Remain calm? I tried being civil!

It’s all it takes for my hair on the back of my neck to stand and fuck it because all I can smell is Rose’s blood.

I whirl around as I shift and snap my jaws onto the brown wolf that’s biting into Rose’s shoulder, ripping him away from her before slamming him into a nearby tree with all my strength. He yelps in pain.

I snarl at the surrounding wolves to freeze them in place as I slowly trudge to the whimpering wolf.

All I can see is red and the werewolf who hurt someone from my pack.

The brown wolf continues to silently whimper from the pain but his eyes remain defiant.

All of my focus was on avenging, revenging, to just kill, especially this unapologetic mutt.