Chapter 11 ✅

3rd Person POV

Outside, Jackson is wondering who that voice belongs to.

He heard the words loud and clear, but the voice was soft, too low to be able to decipher who the owner of it was.

It didn’t help when he was trying to figure out who it was, he felt all the hair on his body stand for some reason, at least not in a threatening way. Which has him internally freaking out.

“Alpha…” A female member questions him.

He looks at her and notices that they’re all looking at him.

~Ring~Ring~Ring~

His phone begins ringing.

Daniel and Trish appear next to him, both staring at him questioningly, and expectantly.

“Jack, what was that?” His beta asks him.

Daniel can still feel the warmth of the voice, and he wants it back. Something in him wants it back.

“I don’t know.” Jackson is honest. “I don’t know.” But his insides are screaming for that voice again.

Jackson pulls out his phone and is surprised to see it’s one of the Elders calling. He quickly answers it.

“Elder Henry,” he says respectfully, “you must have heard the voice too.”

A croaky voice on the other line replies back. “The mind link is blocked. The rest of the Elders’ inner wolves are excited by that voice. Do you know anything about it?”

“I do not.” He says truthfully. So that’s what’s happening…

“I see. It has been many generations since a person can connect with their wolf. The ability to connect with them has been lost in our past with the last supernatural war that too much time has passed for any werewolf to connect with their inner wolf. For ours to act like this, to that voice, maybe that person is the source to restoring the balance.”

“Is that true? Are you sure, Elder?” Jackson quickly asks.

It’d be a miracle if one were able to communicate with their wolf. If it’s possible than that’d be amazing!

“Do you question me?”

“No! I didn’t mean to—“

“I understand my boy. But I am not sure. I am only guessing.”

“But your guesses are always right on the mark, Elder.”

“There’s no use flattering me Jackson. If it’s possible, just find the owner of the voice. And I’ll be waiting with those younglings who need to be punished.”

“Yes, Elder.” Jackson says before hanging up.

“What did Elder Henry want?” Daniel asked, but he had an idea.

“He wants us to include the search for the owner of that voice.” He replied.

Daniel’s mouth thins. “And how exactly are we going to do that?”

“I don’t know, but it sounded like someone familiar, yet from someone I don’t know.” Jackson says thoughtfully.

‘Uh, guys. Mind linking is up again and I think we shouldn’t be discussing this here.’ Trish mind links them.

Jackson and Daniel glance around to see the shocked members. They turn to nod at each other.

“There is no need to panic. We will find the person of that voice, for now, everyone can go back to what you were all doing.” Jackson says in his Alpha voice.