Chapter 23

"C'mon Harry ..... Let's dance." She pulled him towards the dancefloor.
"No, Ruby. I can't." He said.
She crossed her arms in her chest.
"Okay. Leave it if you don't want it." She said. "What about a beer?" She asked and tilted her head towards the counter. "I will have a coke" Harry smiled.
She rolled her eyes "Ahhh..... Alright." Harry sat on a chair and Ruby sat near him. 
She talked a lot and Harry tried listen to her stories and kept smiling. "So, you remember our school days?" She asked.

"Yeah." Harry smiled.

"Do you remember the day you proposed me?" She wore a naughty smile. 

He smiled and nodded his head in yes.
"Aw... We were just 9." She laughed. 

Harry noticed her dark silky hair and light blue eyes. He recalled their old school days and he recalled the moment when he proposed her with a paper rose when they were only 9.
She said no and she complained it to his mom. His mom laughed at that and his whole friends did.
"I remember when you punched Freddy when he laughed at you for this." She said.
Yes he did. It was an embarrassing moment. "But, Harry," She called.
Harry looked at her. She traced his face with her eyes and Harry stared at her. "I regret that now." She said and leaned towards him. 
Harry caught off guard. She touched his cheeks and he didn't blinked an eye. She leaned again and pressed her lips on him. 
Harry was still. He grabbed her arms and right after a second he pushed her away.
"NO!" He said.
"I'm...." She trialed off. 

He stood up "I should probably go." He turned to go but........

Matt stood like a statue on that dancefloor. His jaws dropped and he wasn't breathing. He saw Harry's shocked face. Harry just stood there and stared at Matt.
The pain of  betrayal in Matt's eyes and the guilt in Harry's eyes met. 

Matt averted his eyes. He turned and walked out.

"Matt," Harry called him but he didn't stop. "I'm sorry Harry." Harry heard Ruby saying. He didn't even looked at her but he immediately followed Matt.