Their Past Chapt 3

Steve's past self Pov

I sat down on a rusty bench as I watched the sky, I have so much to accomplish In my life I always wanted to fight for the innocents always wanted to protect those who needed it the most.

Being 14 at this time kinda sucks I have to be a little older to become a soldier, I sighed as I started to think of myself as a soldier.

I would save so many people I would be their hero their savior..

That's when I heard clapping sounds I shook my head as I came face to face with reality again.

There stood a boy with slick brown hair and bright blue eyes that could caught anyone's attention..

"Oh hi sorry..was I bothering you?" I asked the boy,

"No not at all..I was about to ask if I could sit here but you seemed deep in thought, I could find somewhere else" He answers.

"Y-you could sit here if you want..again sorry" I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear.

I scooted over so he could sit down, "You don't have to apologize everyone has those voices in their heads.." He says as he sat down beside me.

I felt the tension build up, Must be the anxiety I have I gulped so hard I think he heard it.

I started to fidget with my fingers, "So i haven't seen you around here before, What's your name?" He asked me.

I felt his stare on me I wanted to have the courage to look at him but I couldn't do it, "Steve...Steve Rogers" I spoke up as calmly as I could.

"That's a cool name you have there..mine sucks James Buchanan Barnes pleasure to meet you Steve" He says as he compliments my name, I felt flushed nobody has ever complimented my name.

His compliment really put a smile on my face that I had the courage to look at him directly I faced him and smiled.

"Thanks James.."

He smiles back, "Please call me Bucky..I don't like it when people call me James" He admits.

"Ok..Bucky although James isn't a bad name"

'It isn't a bad name I would even like my name to be that..' I thought to myself,

"James just sounds like a baby name you know.." Bucky says with a frown I slowly nodded, I still don't understand why he doesn't like the name I feel like it's more to it, I just shrugged my thoughts off.

"Yeah it kinda does sound like a baby name.." I lied as I tried to keep my composure.

He forms a smile again, "Thanks for understanding Steve" Bucky says, I glanced at him to see that he was looking at the crowd of people walking by but he was looking at them as if he was searching for somebody.

"Are you looking for anyone?"

He simply nodded, "Yes my friend..I can't find him anywhere he's always late.." Bucky explains for some reason he seemed more upset about it than he should be.

"Do you want to come to my place? I'm bored here and I could use a better friend" Bucky asked me I nodded almost to quickly.

(This was back in the day less murders happen..)

I never really had a friend I smiled he stood up and held out his hand for me to take which I gladly took.

We walked to his house which was far since we've been talking for decades something about him is interesting.

One thing I found out about him that intrigued me the most was that he wanted to become a soldier as well he wanted to help others as much as I did..

After I got to know him a little we started to hang out more, I never wanted to go a day without him we always talked about becoming soldiers together.

Time skips~~~~~~~~

Now were both 18 years old and Bucky got himself into being a soldier he worked a bit to hard for it but I never complained.

I felt upset a bit but I'm happy for him but sadly he's off to a hard job that could get him killed..

"So this is it.. goodbye for now" Bucky says, I could see in his eyes that he's upset.

I tried to smile but it turns into a frown,

"Don't say that..let's say I'll see you soon"

He smiles earning me a smile, he pulls me into a hug and pats my back, "I'll see you soon Rogers.." He says correcting himself from the first comment, I just laid my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah.." I mumbled, he pat my back one last time as he backed away still with a smile on his face.

He looks at me and does a salut, "Let's go!" I heard his leader shout.

I do a quick salut back, Within that he walks off I didn't see him for a year, I defended myself from others..

Being scrawny is tough, I should work as hard as Bucky did that's how he got himself in, He worked so hard to get into it.

It had been so long that I hadn't seen Bucky that I started to think he was dead, I felt a bit lost without him but I can't stop I have to keep going at least for him.

A week later and I received a phone call..

"Hello?"

"Meet me at our old meet up spot by the theaters.." I hear on the other line.

I know that voice, "Bucky.." I mumbled.

"Yes it's me, I'm so glad to hear your voice again I miss my pal please hurry..oh and put on something nice were going out" Bucky says.

I nodded even though I know that he cant see me nod, "I'll be there" I ended the call and ran to my closet quickly putting on my nicest shoes it took me 10 min to get ready.

Once I finished I grabbed my keys and drove to the theaters, Which was a 15 min drive.

I parked the car at the lot, And got out of it I started to call out his name.

"Bucky!" I shouted as I walked towards the theaters.

"Over here!" I hear him shout back,

I ran towards him with a smile on my face he had a big grin on his as well.

I stopped in front of him and looked him up and down he changed..

Quite a lot actually.

"Wow you changed.." I say letting the thoughts come out,

He looks much more muscular, He must have been working out much more.

"Yeah our leader had so much stuff for us to do..but otherwise everything's good, I get to relax now without him shouting" He explains.

"Looks like you've been real busy but that's what soldiers are made for right"

He nods in agreement, "Sure is pal"

"Aren't you going to be leaving again soon?" I questioned him,

"Sadly in a month or two.." He answers I nodded understanding,

"Well soldiers are always busy.." I admitted with a frown on my face,

I know how busy being a soldier is but I really do miss my friend and he has to leave again, I have to deal with the pain I've been feeling for the past year.

He smiles calmly at me, "I'm with you till the end of the line.." Bucky admits.

I smiled at his comment, "As well as I.."