Pain Chapt 26

•Steve's pov•

A few weeks has past, Bucky's been ignoring me Peter's still upset over his deceased aunt and me I'm trying to fix everything.

I felt something for Bucky, but that soon went away because he's been avoiding me at all cost.

So I decided to propose to Sharon again the right way, now she's my fiancé..

"Hey boy, you ready for your regular morning jog?"

Of course I'm talking to the dog not Peter..

Lucky barks excitedly his tail wagging and his metal leg tapping the floor as he jumped.

I put the leash onto the collar,

"Hey..can I come with you to?"

I noticed it was Peter I nodded,

"Sure"

"I just want a break from the room.." Peter admits,

Me and Peter left the house and started walking on the sidewalk.

"So what's up with you and Bucky?" Peter questioned me I looked at him.

"Some stuff, nothing serious though." I lied,

"You can't lie to me, I can tell something serious happened between you two." Peter admits.

"I guess not." I said as we continued walking the sidewalk with the dog by my side.

"So tell me, what's going on between you two?" He questioned me.

I sighed just the thought of Bucky hurts my feelings,

I looked at Peter, "I guess your old enough to understand what love is." I started to explain.

Peter nods his head,

"Well..me and Bucky were in love, but now I'm not so sure."

"Like love, love?" Peter says but also questioning.

I nodded, "We both loved each other, and I ruined everything." I admitted I looked away.

I could tell Peters becoming more confused,

"That night that we were heading out we lied to you, really we just went on a date."

"I knew it you guys lied to me!" Peter gasped in shock and a bit of excitement.

"The date was good at first, you remember Sharon?" I asked Peter as I turned to look at him again.

"Yes, you two dated right?" Peter questioned me I nodded.

"Well I proposed to her a while back and she rejected it, now she's back and decided to marry me but also ruining me and Bucky's night." I explained.

Peter walked silently beside me,

"This is why I didn't want you to find out so soon, you'll react the way you are acting now." I spoke up.

I heard him sigh, "I'm fine, it's just why'd you allow that to happened, Bucky would be fine if you tur-" Peter started to say.

I interrupted him, "I loved her, me and Bucky we were just figuring out our feelings."

"But still, it doesn't make any sense.." Peter says he stopped walking and looked at me.

I stopped as well, Lucky sat beside me.

"Let's just not talk about this right now, alright?"

Peter nods, "Yeah sure."

I really should talk to Bucky but I don't know how..