Alone. Chapt 40

It's been 5 years..

The world seems quite, lots of people are gone and the people who are here are either robbing stores or inside their homes staring at old pictures of their loved ones..

Right now that's Steve Rodgers himself, half the avengers are gone, all because of this powerful being named Thanos.

Bucky was no longer by his side..

He remembers how Bucky had disappeared, how everyone had vanished before he even had a chance to blink.

Most of the avengers were in Wakanda besides Peter, Bucky had told him to stay behind since this was all to dangerous for him.

Just as he thought things were doing well Thanos had reversed time and got the stone, and ended up killing Vision during the process everything seemed to shift, after that time felt slow.

Steve looked at Bucky realizing what had happened,

"Steve, cmon we can't do thi-" Bucky's body started to turn into dust Steve tried to reach out to him just as he attempted to walk towards him.

"Buck?" Steve called out, his eyes watering,

"..I love you.."

Steve wakes up with a jolt, looking over to the side as if to see Bucky laying there right beside him..

Every night this happens to him, he places his head in the palm of his hands feeling the beads of sweat on his forehead, he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye or I love you too..

Steve gets out of bed not caring that the covers had fallen off the bed he left his room..their room in just a pair of grey boxers and his favorite white t-shirt he glanced over at Peter's room.

That kid had left school the day everything went to hell, soon Steve found out where Peter had gone..

Carol Danvers also known as Captain Marvel had told everyone she had found a ship.. not just any ship one with a missing avenger inside. Steve and the other came outside when the sun had set and watched as she came down with the space ship.

When she landed the doors came open revealing that missing avenger,

"Tony?" He mumbled immediately running over to his side, happy to see a familiar face but sad to see how bad he looked.

He didn't even bother to ask who that other person was, well who that alien was..

Steve help hold him up moving a arm around Tony's waist not wanting him to fall down to the ground.

"I couldn't stop him.." Tony admits a pained look in his eyes like all the inner jokes had finally drained out of his system.

"Neither could we.." he says walking over to Pepper who was now crying and coming over to Tony.

"..I lost the kid.." Tony adds, eyes watering lips now trembling. Steve knew right away who that kid was.

"..Peter?"

Later he found out Peter had left school to be with Tony,

Steve now realized that nobody was safe even if they were hiding, Thanos only had to snap to wipe out half of humanity one more snap and he was sure he'll disappear too..
———————————————

Scratching was heard from outside the front door, not knowing who it was he hesitantly comes over to the door trying to look out the small window but seen nothing so he unlocks the door.

"Lucky.."

He had wondered what had happened to this dog,

Lucky's tail wagged as he begin to jump up,

Steve laughed rubbing the dogs back, "Where have you been?"

The dog just sits looking up as his tongue hanged, "Guess you've been on a journey all this time.."

Within that he lets Lucky in shutting the door behind himself, now he could use a nice cup of coffee.

Except it wouldn't be all that nice..Peter used to make him and Bucky coffee every morning.

Steve makes it anyway as he waited for it to pour into the cup he walks over to his fridge and opens it, immediately Lucky came over sniffing the little bit of food inside.

He reached for the small container of fresh meat opening the lid and reaching for the smallest piece of meat, he then gave it to Lucky who gladly took it.

It's a shock that Lucky didn't grow out of his iron leg, he could see the many scratch marks and dirt on it but otherwise it seems to be in perfect condition.

Steve went to go grab his coffee letting the dog eat up the rest of the meat, 5 years and Lucky decides to show up now?

When he first entered this house again he noticed the front door was left open, Peter left in a rush he remember receiving a text that day how Peter said he was running later for school he might've forgotten about Lucky and that gave the dog the idea to run off.

"..Why didn't you come back?"

Of course Steve was talking to the dog he had no one else here, Lucky just looks up before coming over to him sniffing as if he's searching for something.

He watches as Lucky sniffs around, at first Steve thought he just wanted to remember this place since it's been 5 years since the dog had last seen it but then he noticed him sniffing one of Bucky's old shoes that he hadn't even bothered to move.

Steve immediately frowns bringing his hand down to Lucky's head, "He's gone boy.."

Now he knows why Lucky hadn't return,

He was looking for his owner.

Lucky was searching for Bucky,