C20

THE DAY ALREADY STARTED off gray, but the time came around the weather became dreadful.

Thick clouds covered the sky overhead rain pattered against the window of the balcony, blocking the sunlight that was present earlier in the day.

Eunna could feel her blood pressure raised as her body was melted on the seat. She was playing chess with Taehyung and found herself was near to the defeat. She groaned in frustration.

"Shit, I shouldn't moved the queen! " she muttered as she could feel the bad aura of losing. Chess was always been her favourite game since kindergarten.

She would always win everytime she plays. But for the very first, someone made her feels triggered.

"Giving up, huh? " Taehyung smirked and just by one move, he had already won the game.

"No way! " she yelled in full of devastation, still couldn't believe the fact that she had lost to Taehyung. Clutching on her shirt, she gritted her teeth and glared at Taehyung who was enjoying his win. "You must be cheating, right? " she frowned.

Once the word cheating was heard, he turned to her and widened his eyes. "You accused me cheating? No way. I would never, " he stated.

"Then how can you win against me? I'm pretty sure you cheated when I went to the bathroom! " she crossed her arms.

"No way, I won't do that. " he shook his head, still didn't want to lose in the debate. She hissed and turned away.

Knowing that the girl had already gave up, he let out a small chuckle as her frowning face was quite funny. "But I need to say that you're a good player. " he spoke to make she feels better. But he really means what he said.

"Even Jungkook refuses to play with me. He knows he'll lose. " Taehyung chuckled. "But you almost win. That shows you're actually a good player. " he praised her talent.

She sighed in defeat then slid the chess away from her sight. "I was the best player at my school. " she said.

"No wonder. " Taehyung nodded his head slowly, looking down at her hands.

"A good player with a smart brain. Perfect," he mumbled to himself.

Taehyung

I can tell Eunna was living her best life, enjoying every moment she had in my house. I'm glad that she didn't complain much or trying to run away from me.

Maybe because she trusts me. So I can't break her trust. Even until now, I hadn't tell her the main reason I bought her. She had been forcing me to tell her the truth but I refused.

But soon, she'll know it herself.

Heaving a deep sigh, I opened my laptop back to see if I have received the details I asked my worker to give me. But instead of logging in to my email, my phone suddenly rang, buzzing in my pocket.

I stopped my actions and took out my phone to see who it was.

Jungkook

Shocked by looking at the caller ID, I stared at the phone screen for a few seconds before deciding whether to answer the call or not. Maybe he had something important to tell me.

But he was probably just wanted to mess around and ask me why I'm living under the same roof as Eunna. He's kind of annoying. That makes me to doubt my decision.

"Who's calling? " Eunna showed up in my room all of the sudden, looking cute with an oversized shirt and a messy hairbun. She loves to barge into my room lately.