2 : The Poem

When Trudy Green received a call from Zarek Black in the middle of the night, she knew something was up

When Trudy Green received a call from Zarek Black in the middle of the night, she knew something was up. It didn't take a genius to know that anything that was labelled with Zarek's name was poisoned, toxic, and deadly; just like the cigarettes that never left his lips.

Trudy was at Evangeline's house. The two girls were seated on Evangeline's extremely cheap bed. Trudy was gossiping about the latest rumors while Evangeline was fiddling with the ends of her red hair, not the least bit interested in the scandals people were talking about. When Zarek's name came up on Trudy's customized gold iPhone, Evangeline's soft hazel eyes widened as she subconsciously directed her body towards Trudy. Trudy's psychological classes, that she took during the summer, told her that, at that moment, Evangeline gave her undivided attention.

Trudy was hurt. Her friend couldn't care less about her rambles, but when Zarek Black merely called, she was willing to invest her time on him. Even though Evangeline was nice and caring, she had the attention span of a two year old, or was Trudy just that boring?

That idea terrified Trudy.

Before Trudy could dwell on it more, she took a deep breath and answered the call. Trudy heard the wind, along with the sound of footsteps and traffic. Her guess was that Zarek was walking outside. "Hi," Trudy mustered up her melted confidence and compressed it all in one word.

Zarek's dominant voice flew out of the luxurious phone. "I need a favor." Not only did Zarek call for his interest, he also didn't greet her back too. Wow, okay.

In all sincerity, the only reason keeping her from hanging up was her curiosity. Trudy was so nosey that she would take being humiliated, nut not for long. As soon as she got a hold of what Zarek needed, Trudy would humiliate him twice as much. Simultaneously, Evangeline's auburn eyebrows were frowned as she tapped Trudy's knee, too eager to know what Zarek wanted. Trudy slapped her friend's hand away because she nagged her, and maybe for slight revenge.

Trudy didn't waste any time, she knew Zarek Black and how straightforward - and rude - he was. She cleared her throat to sound professional. "What do you want?" She had no idea why she was putting a calm façade in front of Zarek, maybe it had something to do with her obsession with keeping a collected image, and not because he did not associate himself with desperate sluts.

"I want you to ask Eva to the Spring Ball for me," Zarek said, his voice smooth yet demanding. It made everyone in hearing range oblige to his desires.

At the request, Trudy smirked. She knew Zarek needed her. She was so ready to take the upper hand. "Well, if that's not something a coward would do." Trudy pushed away Evangeline, who was trying to eavesdrop, and stood up from the small bed altogether. Trudy stood by the window, pointing a warning finger at her best friend to keep her in place. "Why don't you ask her yourself? As far as I know, you're smooth with the ladies."