15 : The Breakup

Song: Consequences - Camila Cabello

sensitive scenes and topics in this chapter. please read with caution.

Trudy puked her guts in that unsanitary restroom, her hands grabbing the contaminated toilet seat and her knees touching the filthy cheap tile

It was that sweet Richart's Intense Valentine Gourmet box of chocolates Justin brought for her. She had shamelessly ate all of the forty nine pieces and proceeded to swallow the dark chocolate plaque that came with it. Trudy would have been surprised if her stomach wasn't upset.

She enjoyed the sweet taste of the chocolate, and it was time to deal with its pain.

When she was young, eating too much, whether it was chocolate or any other food, never caused her tummy aches, diarrhea, or constipation. Trudy liked to think that she lost her stamina, and not that she was dealing with an eating disorder.

Having a flawless face, a fit body, and a charming personality was a requirement for every member in the Green family. When her father had the most powerful law firm in the country, and her mother was the most wanted plastic surgeon in the world, she was obliged to harmonize. She was born to greatness, so she had no other choice but to preserve it.

How hard would that be if she was absolutely positive that she didn't deserve it?

Trudy's grandfather, Arthur Green, married Louis Green's -his father's- maid; Rose Murky - a flat broke, bankrupt, dark woman. The whole Green family was livid. They didn't approve of a poor, black help to become a part of their wealthy, white VIPs. Arthur went against the impossible to be with Rose; the love of his life.

Despite the epic love story, Trudy hated her grandfather's, Arthur's, choice. Because he had polluted the family's reputation with dark Rose Murky just like he polluted her skin. After her father, Louis Green The Junior, married her mother, Paige Harrison, yet another dark woman - Trudy was fated to be black.

Just as her stomach twisted, but nothing rose up her throat, she knew she had just emptied her insides. Forcing her gagging reflexes to stop, her shaky arms pushed her up her feet. Trudy felt dizzy, getting a hold of the plastic stall wall.

She couldn't tell if her surroundings were spinning, or if it was her head, or both in opposite directions.

After a few seconds, Trudy took a deep breath and trailed herself to the mirror that seemed too far but was just two steps away. Trudy eyed herself in the spattered, cracked mirror. The bathroom needed a makeover as soon as possible, but apparently so did she. Her straight, shiny hair was tangled and frizzy. Trudy managed to stain her hair, dress, and shoes with vomit, not to mention that she completely ruined her makeup.