33 : Pure Seduction (2/2)

sensitive topics and scenes in this chapter. please read with caution.

"We have to take her to the Hospital, Ben, this is dangerous

"We have to take her to the Hospital, Ben, this is dangerous." Theodore pleaded, "She can die."

"No." Benjamin's stern voice made the pee in the bladder of five year-old, eavesdropping Zarek threaten to burst out. "She stays."

All what Zarek knew was that he was stoned as fuck and he didn't give a shit about anything. He had no sense of his surroundings or the time for that matter. He might've been in his black hole - his bedroom - in the present or fourteen years back in the shithole called Farmville as he glued his ear against the wooden door trying to get a glimpse of what was happening inside his parents' bedroom.

His mother's cries were echoing through the rusted house, each scream weaker than the last, making Zarek's inside curl and tighten.

He never heard his mother in so much pain. She was the one who usually soothed Zarek, so when it was the other way around, Zarek had no idea what to do. He wanted to help, but he knew that if he stepped a foot in his parents' bedroom he'd be disobeying Uncle Ben's words, and he wasn't brave enough to handle the punishment.

Zarek was at his desk, the plastic bag of the bluish powder he bought from Hunter for only one hundred dollars was sprawled in two lines in front of him. That one hundred dollar was his last, but this drug was such a steal. It did wonders to his body in such a short amount of time. Zarek wasn't stuck in the moment anymore. It wasn't like his past was any better, but at least he was familiar with it. He already coped and learned that whatever happened was probably for the best, so it was a waste to dwell on it.

Her cries stopped all of a sudden, being replaced by more youthful ones. Zarek's heartbeats accelerated, the excitement of having a sibling to play with was too much to contain. Zarek was the youngest child in the family, and most of the time he would play alone or with his mom because no one else was available.

When the midwife opened the door to leave, she didn't close it after her, leaving a small gap that was enough for little Zarek to peak in the room. Zarek couldn't make all of his big family members that were inside because his attention was captured by the little crying baby girl that was wrapped in bloody sheets inbetween Theodore's arms.

Before Zarek could bring his nostrils to the powder, he eyed Violet's Jean shorts for a minute straight - she would be so dissapointed with me. Violet had no idea what sort of stuff her brother was involved into, and she would be heartbroken to learn about quarter of it. In Zarek's defense, he was addicted to the cigarettes only and not the drugs - okay, maybe just a little bit, but it wasn't like he was fully depended on it. He could stop whenever he felt like it, but he was choosing to do it.