6 : Faith

Song: Strip That Down - Liam Payne ft Quavo

What Hannah said about Trudy was so insensitive and sad, making Eva question whether her mother was even sane

Evangeline was so dissapointed with her mother that Eva considered locking herself in her room if that meant avoiding Hannah. But when Eva's stomach growled at her, she realized that there was no point in starving herself, especially since her mother seemed to not care either way.

With an angry frown that was plastered on her angelic, freckled face, Eva opened her bedroom door and made her way downstairs to the kitchen. She served herself the instant noodles and sat on the counter, the television in the living room facing her as it displayed Leo's handsome face in the movie Catch Me If You Can.

Evangeline wasn't really focused on the film, her mind zoning out as her mouth subconsciously chewed the tasteless noodles. She thought of how her date with Zarek tomorrow would be like. No, it wasn't a date, more like a meeting. Yeah, a meeting with Zarek didn't sound as menacing as a date with him.

As the camera zeroed on Leonardo DiCaprio's young face, Eva realized how his blond locks were similar to Zarek's. Except Zarek's hair was longer, and more blond, in a greyish unusual way.

Eva's mind screamed 'alert, alert, alert,' at her when she heard her mother's office door open. In an instant, Eva's face blushed with rage as she stuffed the tasteless noodles in her mouth to empty her plate and return to her room as soon as possible.

Just when Hannah reached downstairs and their eyes met, Eva choked on the food. She coughed, trying to swallow the mouthful without losing her life. Eva's eyes watered as she forced the food down her throat, reaching for a bottle of water on the counter and shrugging it down in an instant.

When Eva finally swallowed the dangerous noodles, she took a deep breath, hazel eyes glassy, and glanced at her mother. Hannah was seated on the sofa, with no care in the world, as she watched the movie. Eva's fragile heart thumped loudly against her chest, each hit a painful reminder that her mother didn't care about her. Eva could've choked herself to death, and Hannah wouldn't have moved a finger.

It wasn't always like this, Eva said to herself, disappointed, When did it all change?

Tears were on Eva's eyes, but they had nothing to do with the chocking incident. She bowed her head down, her red hair covering her wet cheeks, as she stared at the colorless noodles. A salty drop slipped its way down Eva's freckled face and fell on the bowl of food.

Despite Eva's sadness, she couldn't help but think; At least that'll give it some taste.

"Do you see this?" Her mother spoke so casually as if her own daughter wasn't on the verge of dying a few seconds ago, pointing at the screen.