28 : Car Ride No.1

Evangeline was appalled - no, horrified at the situation in front of her

So much blood, so much violence.

It was too similar to a gore scene in a bad action movie - Zarek was over Justin, Zarek's fist making strong jabs at Justin's once had been innocently flawless face. The scarlet blood kept smearing on Justin's face from his busted lip, eyes going black and nose breathing blood instead, yet no one was doing anything about it.

Everyone was either gaping at the spectrum, videotaping it so it could go viral, or not caring one bit because they were too drunk as they continued their uncoordinated swaying to the loud music that muffled Eva's screams. Eva kept telling Zarek to stop, yet her voice was mute compared to the blasting song.

Realizing that no one was going to interfere, she did. She wasn't as strong as that guy who had been standing in the corner and doing nothing apart than watching in amusement - isn't he the one Anna was dancing with to make Hunter jealous? - yet Eva was braver than him, apparently.

Phones' flashlights were blinking repeatedly as she tried pushing Zarek away. He must've thought she was someone who was going to attack him so he pushed her fragile body away with too much force. Eva's head hit the wall, the world spinning for a second, before she regained her balance.

Zarek's electric green eyes widened in shock, the flashing lights intensifying his glint. This is the first time he ever laid a hand on me. Almost an apologetic aura passed his gaze before his face went stone hard again. He spat - quite literally - on the bloody Justin, and walked out of the living room to what Eva assumed was the backyard.

Eva dashed to the bruised Justin, afraid he might die. Thankfully, his hands were shaking and lips trembling. With absolute difficulty, Justin sat upright, pushed Eva away along with her worry, and staggered out of the front door despite not wearing any shoes, mumbling a few words that were overshadowed by the music.

Eva watched after Justin in confusion. She had no idea what happened between him and Zarek, but she hoped he was okay. He was always such a nice and a sweet guy, she would hate it if he got hurt.

Eva pushed all of her sorrow away when she caught sight of Trudy. Her knees weren't carrying her property, tears building in her eyes. Concern consumed Evangeline, along with curiosity. She had never seen Trudy in such an emotional state before, always seemingly composed and in control. Eva would absolutely hate it if Trudy lost it.

"What happened?" Eva exasperated, hazel eyes confused, "Why was Zarek hitting Justin - oh my god, are you crying?"

As Trudy whispered in Eva's ears, tears were swelling in Trudy's brown eyes and snakiness being replaced with dreaminess. "I want home," Trudy chuckled at her wrong sentence, hands brushing her wavy hair out of her sweaty forehead. "I'm so sick of this party. Take me home, Eva."