34 : Car Ride No.2 (1/2)

Eva didn't know how long she had been unconscious for, but when she opened her heavy eyes, Zarek was gone

She desperately hoped it was a bad dream and not a reality, but the throbbing bruises that escalated due to her fall from the stairs proved otherwise. She looked around her in confusion, the eerie silent cafeteria giving her the creeps, looking straight out of a haunted movie. When Eva glanced down, she found herself laying on the pile of her own hair. Like a frantic child searching for their mother in the crowd, Eva checked her red hair. Her hands went right through, it was so short that it hardly reached her neck.

Eva gasped, chocking on a throaty sob - why? Eva asked, grasping the thrown strands between her shaky fingers and crying her swollen eyelids out, god, why me? She never thought of hurting a soul, she never even cursed or sinned in any way, she didn't deserve this happening to her. Despite her miserable and broken state, Eva knew why she was going through this.

It was a test for her faith, and she was so afraid she was too fragile she might fail - god forbid.

Someone touched Eva's shoulder from behind, making Eva flinch. Zarek just couldn't leave her alone. After all what he put her through, he was still ruthless enough to stick by and enjoy the satisfaction of the aftermath. With a new found determination, Eva stood on her wobbly legs, steadying herself on the flipped chair that she was previously taped to.

The mere thought of that stirred more anger in Eva, rising her delicate hands and slapping the arrogant devil with all her might that his face turned to the side, the sound intensified in the silent room. Before he had anytime to react, Eva fisted her hands and hit his chest in pathetic attempts of punching, letting out her frustration in cries of agony. "I hate you. I hate you so much! Why? Why did you do this?"

"Hey, take it easy," He forced her in his embrace, burying her teary face in his arms. "I won't hurt you, Eva, just relax."

How dare he tell me to relax? Eva trashed her way out, pushing and even kicking him away, but his arms only wrapped themselves tighter. She was soon drained out of her energy, and what started like a fit of anger soon turned into a mental breakdown. I give up. She wanted for the pain to end, she didn't want to suffer anymore, she just wanted to live her life without the patronizing anguish and fear and hurt settled in her chest. She just wanted everything to be over. When will it all end?

"It's okay." Zarek stroked Eva's short hair. "Let it all out."

Eva's hazel eyes snapped open, soft jaw setting as she pushed Zarek with all her force away. Zarek was openly making fun of her short hair, provoking her, triggering her and Evangeline couldn't stand the last of it. Eva was going to slap him again, harder this time, but Zarek caught her arm midair.