30 : Ruined Friendships

Zarek was playing the hero, yet Evangeline assumed the worst of him - as fucking usual

He pushed his way through the high teens - all the credit went to Hunter - needing fresh air mixed with a cigarette. His stomach was practically nonexistent due to his lack of eating and bad health habits, but he didn't care. The world is better off without me, he kept repeating to himself.

Zarek was sitting on the steps of the porch, looking at the cars that were nowhere near as elegant as his own. If his father found out he left then he would be like that dude in the corner who was practically drooling as he stared at the Mustang. Zarek reminded himself to get home soon.

Having his most needed Nat Sherman between his thin lips, Zarek profited to analyze the situation all over again. Justin was planning on raping Trudy. Zarek shouldn't care, yet he wasted his time, effort, and knuckles. It did feel great to let his frustration on Justin - he had been asking for it for a while now - but that wasn't an enough reason to trigger him. Surely it was his impulsiveness acting, and not his protectiveness towards Trudy.

Zarek only realized he had probably hurt Evangeline too, pushing her and making her head hit against the wall. It was what snapped him out of his violence stance - he expected it would satisfy him further, instead he felt like shit.

Someone opened the front door, the blasting music that leaked made Zarek's dead brain throb in his skull. A few seconds later, the infamous player - Hunter Adams - sat next to the ruthless dick - Zarek Black - on the stairs.

"Damn, that fight was epic." Hunter's swollen lips - from making out with who knew what slut - was grinning, satisfaction all over his dark facial features. "Thanks, man, people will talk about it for days."

"Is that why you told me?" Zarek's electric green eyes widened, the smoke stuck in his lungs. He swallowed it down, taking in the increasing burn so he wouldn't lash out on the gossip girl next to him. "Did you manipulate me so that people would talk about how great your party was?"

Zarek's blood was boiling, hating his impulsiveness even more. Is this how it feels to be manipulated? If so, it sucked.

Zarek could sense Karma smirking at him as she sipped out of her mug of satisfaction.

Hunter shrugged, his bulky hands running at his extremely short - almost a buzz-cut - black hair. "I didn't exactly force anything on you, I just steered you in the direction I wanted."

Hunter was right, he never instructed him on what to do. Why did I fall for the trap though? He shouldn't have cared, Trudy was a poisonous snake and she deserved everything that was coming her way. Still, even Zarek knew that no one - no matter how fake, evil, and wicked they were - deserved rape.

Zarek rubbed Justin's dried blood off of his bruised knuckles, stopping it from attacking Hunter as well. He needed to grasp more control over his actions, or else he would do something he would never be able to take back, rolling in his own web of regret and self-despise possibly forever.