25 : Royal Blue

Song: Here - Alecia Cara

It was not an everyday occurrence that Evangeline West was seen in a party that was not school related

She glanced in horror at the drunken teens as they swayed to the music like corn would to the wind. She had suspected they consumed something too, considering the bloodshot eyes. She felt out of place and lonely. That was exactly why Eva would never waste her time in a party - she wouldn't be having any fun. The people who enjoyed themselves would either sleep around, make out, or get completely drunk. Yet there she was; a virgin who never touched a bottle or even had a kiss before. She would much rather work herself in a homework or an extra assignment to tidy up her already perfect school record than be in there.

The only reason that made her agree going to such an event was her best friend Trudy. Trudy had been going through a rough time recently over the breakup - most likely - and Eva figured that Trudy would blow off some steam - Sandra's words - if she came here. Trudy and Sandra were nowhere in sight, however. They are having more fun than me, Eva figured.

Eva was currently in the kitchen, seaming like it was the quietest place in the entire house. She was admiring the sleek design, the marble floors and expensive kitchenwear, and wondering how someone who lived in a normal neighborhood could afford such equipments.

It was rather clear that Dessertville was divided into two parts; the wealthy and the middle-class. Even though Eva was nowhere near wealthy, she still had an insight on that world. Trudy and Zarek were an example. Despite the temptation of the nice things and expensive luxuries, Eva was never interested in the superficial world. She knew the rich had certain privileges, but their lives were nowhere near perfect.

Trudy was, unfortunately, an example of that.

Eva wasn't one hundred percent sure, but her wild guess was that Trudy had been dealing with problems possibly her entire life. Trudy's rude manners and detached behavior was nothing but a filter, hiding her imperfections and flaws. Only if she knew I'd still love her no matter how she was, Evangeline sighed.

According to the ongoing gossip, a scandalous rumor back in middle school stained Trudy's past. Trudy had never been the same girl since. Eva didn't want to investigate the manner - she hated gossip. Besides, it would be farfetched and exaggerated anyways. Eva doubted she'd get any accurate information.

Eva didn't know what to do with herself in that party, she was so bored, and uncomfortable in Trudy's tight, black pants. Eva knew she was curvier than her friend, but not to the point of it being painful to fit into her clothes. Eva had a nagging feeling that the jeans' button would snap and fly across the room and pop someone's eye any upcoming second.

Eva remembered she had her phone in her back pocket. She reached for it, busying herself with it. Before she managed to get it out, the smartphone slipped right through her delicate fingers and crashed to the ground with a horrifying thud.