12 : Tough Act

Song : Good For You - Selena Gomez

Trudy literally felt above everyone else in her black Jimmy Choo heels, boosting her confidence.

She was elegant in a red, tight-fitted with a dangerously low cleavage cut Dior dress. It was the very same one Selena Gomez once wore. Trudy had bought it directly from the celebrety's manager.

Over the luxurious outfit, Trudy threw on her Saint Laurent cropped leather jacket and a black Alexander McQueen bag - an identical one to Sandra's. To complement her attire, Trudy had spent endless hours applying her flawless makeup and straightening her frizzy, long hair to perfection.

It was all for the Spring Ball's sake.

It was foolish of her to care so much of a cliché school event that nobody would even attend. The people who would show up would probably be in jeans or sweatpants. But for Trudy, she craved to be the centre of attention. Just once.

Ever since she was little, her parents always cared more about Sandra than her. Trudy never felt enough. Sandra was prettier, smarter, with more charisma and character that always managed to charm everyone. When it came to Trudy, she was fat, insecure, and always managed to embarrass herself by saying the wrong thing or nothing at all.

Sandra was looked at with admiration, for she had a bright future full of opportunities and success ahead of her. Their parents were more invested in Sandra's education, spending thousands of dollars in her college courses and private tutors.

Sandra is studying fashion for hell's sake, Trudy scoffed, She doesn't need a tutor for that.

At dinner everyday, their parents were eager to know what adventures had happened in Sandra's day and craved all the impressive goals Sandra achieved and her new hobbies. When it came to Trudy, they looked at her with disdain and lack of interest.

They often forgot to prepare Trudy's lunchbox as a kid. She used to wait endless of hours in front of Prich Middle School for them to pick her up because they forgot at what time her periods ended. They once went to a festival and forgot she existed, leaving her -as a seven year old- all alone overnight. As they went home and slept in their comfortable beds with their favorite daughter, Trudy was laying on the sidewalk, with tears like a waterfall and loud traffic as her only companion.

When she was born, Trudy wondered how her parents remembered to take her before they left the hospital.

Despite the fact that Trudy felt like a burden among her family, her parents were still rich. Even though they wouldn't invest their money in Trudy's education, thinking it was pointless to waste it when she would fail anyways and made her go to a public school, the allowance they offered and the credits cards they assured were enough comfort to distract Trudy and please her.