48 : Car Ride No.3

Zarek still couldn't figure out how Evangeline ended up in his red Mustang, with him offering a ride

Zarek never offered anything, not for free anyways, and he was determined to get back at Evangeline stronger than ever especially since she was probably with Ashton just to spite him because he was the better choice, yet he couldn't just leave her alone in the street for anyone to grab. It could have something to do with Eva being more provocative with her bare, defined legs and pale shoulders, or how cute she looked when she prayed for forgiveness.

Zarek cringed at himself - he had it real bad for Eva.

Eva was seated in the passenger side of the 45,000 dollars Ford Mustang, not the least bit fazed by the sleek design or the developed technology of the materialistic vehicle which was something Zarek liked about her. Eva shifted a little in the leather seat, glancing behind her. Violet was sitting back middle, her hands were covering her makeup smeared face as she cried, so she had no idea she was in the presence of Eva.

"Shut the fuck up," Zarek roared, making both girls flinch and straighten up.

Violet's swollen eyes locked with Eva's momentarily before they focused on her brother, her dark hair cascading down her shoulders. "Why did you punch him?" she whimpered like a spoiled brat for her broken social image, "Now he'll never talk to me again."

Zarek navigated through the dark streets of Dessertville a little too fast, making Eva and Violet jerk at every road bump and turn. He glanced at his sister in the rearview mirror, blond eyebrows adding to his electric green glare. "That's the whole point, isn't it?"

"I hate you," Violet deepened each letter. She teared her blue eyes off of the asshole in the car and focused her attention on the window, shaking her head and internally wincing at how humiliating her brother was.

Due to Zarek's speed, he managed to park in front of his property seconds later. When Violet didn't get the hint, Zarek twisted around to face her. "Go inside," he hissed at her through gritted teeth, "And don't think I'll let this slip by, I'll talk to you once I get home."

Violet crossed her arms, glaring at Zarek. Her eyes shifted on an awkward Evangeline in the passenger seat and she groaned. "Whatever, you can't control me." She unlocked the cardoor and stepped out, jogging to the Black's mansion. Zarek waited till Violet got in before he drove off.

Zarek started the car again. He glanced at Evangeline who actually managed to keep her mouth shut the entire time. "Well," Zarek began, long fingers drumming on the steering wheel as his gaze fixated on the road. "You're quiet for once, must be an achievement for you."

What Zarek really meant to say was : I miss you talking. Zarek didn't mind her blabber since it always managed to distract his mind not to think negatively, it also made him feel less worse about himself because she was comfortable enough to talk nonstop around him. It almost made him forget the merciless monster he hosted in him.