52 : Worst Night

Zarek checked all of his pockets, and the only regain was Eva's lacy black thong and the torn 500 dollar bills which he stole from his dad's bedroom right before he did that act with Charlize

Zarek checked all of his pockets, and the only regain was Eva's lacy black thong and the torn 500 dollar bills which he stole from his dad's bedroom right before he did that act with Charlize. Zarek cursed himself for his lack of resources. Even though he was pretty broke before, at least he had a roof atop of his head.

During the few weeks of Zarek's relationship with Charlize and the three years that followed, Zarek feared the moment Theodore found out. His dad was already breathing down his neck and controlling his reckless lifestyle enough, so such a disgrace being revealed would only cause Theodore's grip to tighten and even more punishment. Never did Zarek contemplate the possibility that the result would be Theodore yanking his grip away and offering Zarek the lost freedom.

Theo didn't hit his son or curse at him. He turned away from Zarek as if his mere sight was disgusting and shed a few silent tears, barking the words; "Get out of my property and never come back."

Zarek was thrown into the streets, totally homeless, but all what raged in his mind was the sight of his dad's prickly tears. Zarek knew his dad was sensitive deep inside, but he was also powerful, dominant, and in control. Zarek witnessed his dad cry only once before - at the death of Ophelia, his first love and wife - so Theodore must've really loved Charlize after all, either that or he was extremely disappointed in his only son's treason. However, from the way he didn't even glance at Charlize when he tossed her away and how Theo's voice broke when he said "I can't believe this, my own son?", Zarek knew that he was the only reason for his dad's sharp, electric green eyes to water.

Zarek slid his dark hood over his blond hair, roaming the dull streets of Dessertville that he would've otherwise loved its darkness and quietness, but right now, it felt like it added to the heavy weights of his impulsive actions. The liberty was all what Zarek wanted, but never like this. Zarek broke his dad's heart; the only man that cared for him. Theodore cared about him the same way Zarek cared about Violet, which explained the endless rules and punishments, and by setting him off, Zarek knew that his actions killed all of his dad's love and care toward him. Zarek could understand now, but too bad it took him losing everything to realize what he had - first was his mom, then his dad, and even Evangeline.

Zarek sighed at the thought of Eva, sinking his hand in his pocket and fingering the lacy material of her underwear. Fuck me because I love her, Zarek grunted, finally admitting it to himself. He loved that redheaded beauty with all he had. Before, he allowed himself to fantasize over her for reasons no deeper than lust and physical attraction - who could blame him when the girl was a hot bomb? - and now, he realized that his physical attraction came from somewhere much more meaningful and sentimental - his heart rather than his dick.

What's the point though? Zarek was too blind in his ego game to care about her drifting away from him. He lost her for good, along with every ounce of himself.

Zarek turned around the corner, making his way toward his favorite alley. Zarek didn't know what to do with himself - the torn 500 dollar bills might grant him a few nights in some cheap motel, but then what? Zarek had nowhere to go, nowhere to belong, and that disturbed a few unsettled feelings in his sunken stomach. Zarek had one way to handle those feelings; smoking whatever left of his white teeth, polluted veins, and strangled lungs.