53 : Plan A, B, and C

i'm finally giving Zarek a taste of his own medicine, and strangely, i'm feeling sorry for him. idk why though.

Never did Zarek think that the selfish Trudy cared about anyone other than herself

She was wicked and evil and enjoyed other people's downfall too much to help, so for her to get out of her Lamborghini, help Zarek up his feet, and get him in the passenger seat of her yellow car, Zarek was certain this was some sort of a prank. Zarek figured that Trudy must feel like she owed it to Zarek after he escorted her out in the same fashion - how ironic from Karma - but after Zarek's rude reply when she called to thank him the next morning, Zarek was sure she was back at hating him.

Zarek allowed himself to lean back against the soft seats, closing his eyes and blocking away his suspicions. When Trudy leaned towards him and freaking clicked his seatbelt on for him, Zarek's eyes shot open and glared at her. "What are you doing, exactly?"

Trudy's face, that was looking bare since it was makeup-free for once, stayed neutral despite his harsh tone and tense state. "Do you mean; why I'm helping you?" Trudy oozed out with confidence that contradicted her current pyjamas, "It's simple, I owe it to you because you helped me before."

She was nice to him, even after everything he put her through, which added up to his endless pile of guilt and shame.

Trudy's collected face smirked, a familiar glint in her brown eyes. "That, and because I was the one that sent them after you."

What the heck? Trudy was the one who sent those troublemakers after him to rape him, and now she was talking about it as if it was nothing. All of the previous guilt and shame diminished, wanting nothing more than lounging at her and banging her natural face against her steering wheel. Zarek wanted to hurt her so bad, not caring that she was a girl, because how dare she plan his rape, when she, out of all people, knew how awful and disgusting it was?

"Where did they hit you though, 'cause I don't see any bruises," Trudy's words managed to calm the storm in Zarek's chest. "Did they even hit you? Damn it, I knew I shouldn't rely on Sanderson so much."

Zarek was so glad he didn't allow his impulsiveness to consume him and hit Trudy, waiting for her to finish talking. Trudy had no idea what really happened, only telling this Sanderson guy to send a few guys after him which, to be fair, Zarek deserved. Hunter must've seen his golden shot and intervened, alternating the events for his favor and using Zarek's words against him. Hunter's technique was no different than Zarek's usual ways, since he always used people's insecurities against them, and in that moment, Zarek promised himself he'd never do that again.

Zarek sighed, running his pale hands over his grimaced face. He closed his eyes, the darkness provided by his lids was no different than the dim lighting in Trudy's sports car. "Why did you send them after me?"