51 : Caught

the next three chapters are going to be in Zarek's pov to make up for that one time we skipped his (from chapter 34 to chapter 38)

enjoy.

When Zarek opened the door to his bedroom, he didn't expect Violet in there

Violet's face was makeup-free, she was wearing her pastel pink set of silk pyjamas, and her dark brown hair was damp from the quick shower she must've took. She was sitting on his chair, arms drumming on the surface of the desk as she sighed out of boredom, gaze looking at the deep pool that glistened against the moon glow. When she sensed her brother's entrance, she immediately straightened up.

"What are you doing here?" Zarek hissed at her. It must've been years since Violet stepped a foot inside his bedroom. "I don't think you're looking forward to our talk, are you?"

"No, of course not," Violet tried to sound chill about it, but it was obvious from her shaky breaths and her trembling lips that she was scared shitless. Good, she should be scared after sneaking out of the house to party away with some teen who hadn't even hit puberty yet. "I'm just here to give the, um, shorts back to you."

Zarek glanced at where she was pointing; the lamp, and sure enough, the pair of the damned shorts were there. "You got them back," Zarek stated, unsure. He didn't expect his sister to give in that easily but put up a fight instead. Zarek laid on the bed, utterly exhausted. "Fine, whatever, I'll spare you but just because I'm tired."

"Okay," Violet giggled, all fear gone now that she was off the hook. Her deep blue eyes glistened as she carefully tiptoed towards her brother, stifling her childish laughter. "Now it's my turn to give you the talk, and I'm not sparing you, big brother, oh no."

Zarek barely snorted, closing his lids and breathing heavily. "You don't even wish."

Normally, Zarek didn't want any people present in his private bedroom since it was his space but he hadn't had a proper conversation with Violet that didn't involve lecturing her or lasted more than five minutes in too long. Besides, Zarek needed some of the goodness and innocence in his life to hopefully balance his evilness and assholeness. So Zarek refrained from listening to the demon that kept telling him to kick Violet out and basked in her childishness instead.

"Oh, I do wish, alright," Violet grinned, her damp long hair falling over Zarek's face and tickling his nose as she peered over him. "Who was that redhead, Zarek? Is she your girlfriend?"

Zarek's electric green eyes snapped open, meeting his sister's quirky ones. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"I do, actually," Violet giggled again. "She was wearing the same shorts and perfume as me, which explains why you got pissed and took the shorts and why you smashed my perfume bottle - I'm not saying I forgave you for that, by the way, you still owe me a new bottle of perfume."