57 : Surprise No.2

Eva collapsed on the otherwise always empty bench, feeling like dying

She just ran around the neighborhood with Wendy, and while the latter was still a bubble of energy with her stretches and jumping around, every cell in the former's body was cursing at her for the physical efforts and promising her nasty aches afterwards. Eva hadn't taken proper care of her body recently, too busy watching the circus show that was her life go down, she also needed to rid her mind and forget the world for a while, so a jog with her sporty friend seemed like the perfect antidote. However, when Eva struggled to even her breaths as sweat covered every fiber of her clothing, she questioned whether the side-effects of the not-so-perfect antidote were worth it.

At least Wendy was considerate enough to slow down her pace and reduce the amount of laps for Eva's sake - thank god.

Wendy and Eva weren't the closest of friends, but they were each other's motivation to live healthy. The two girls usually chatted in breaks between laps as Wendy did her holy stretches while Eva sat on benches and sweated like her life depended on it. Eva hated that trait about her body because it was embarrassing and inconvenient, especially when all what it took to open the faucet in her armpits and back was a set of a stair or a few meters of speed-walking.

and muscles in her thighs and biceps

She was homeschooled she uses man sje wears sweatpants and sneakers huge bun that the loose elastic band was barely holding it from falling apart

The bench Eva occupied would've been empty if it wasn't for her. The citizens of Dessertville were too busy rushing around to take a minute and just chill out. Spring had plenty of mesmerising trees, blossoming flowers, and clear sky to offer but it seemed like no one had the time to appreciate it.

Eva shook her head and focused her attention on the bouncing ball of energy in front of her. Wendy was stretching her impressive shoulders and biceps, all the while opening and closing her legs. Once she finished her productive session, Wendy took off her set of headphones and placed them on the bench. Eva expected her friend would collapse and sit down like her, but no, Wendy wasn't quite done. Seriously, how hasn't she passed out yet?

"Oh my god," Wendy was so giddy as she squealed and jumped around, wild curls moving along and big braces on full display. "This is so exciting, man, I can't believe I haven't told you yet."

Eva smiled at her high spirits, wiping her wet forehead with a towel as the warm sun kissed her pale skin. "What is it?"

"Remember Ryan's birthday party?" Wendy's smile widened, glee in her energetic eyes. "Ashton and I finally got to talk and I felt an actual spark between us. When the cake came, he smeared some of the coconut cream on my face and then we danced and it was so romantic!"