Chapter 4

Veronica: NO! YOU'RE LUCKY! Omg! -she said while looking at Zabdi's behind-

They where asking me so many questions about him that before I could answer one they asked another one. They sort of answered their questions by themselves, so then they moved on.

Joel kept staring at me. Ok I ask again, what is so damn interesting about me!? OMG DOES HE KNOW??! Does he know about what happened back in New York? If he does then how does he know? All this questions and assumption kept popping into my head. Then all of a sudden he was making his way towards me. Then he whispered in my ear...

Joel: Can I talk to you?

I just nodded and the girls were looking at me in confusion.

We where then standing out in the hall by the bathrooms. I hope this isn't about what I think it's about.

Joel: So I didn't get to fully introduce myself because of Veronica. - He then took his hand out to shake mine and I did- My name is Joel Pimentel. Nice to meet you!

Lizeth: Nice to meet you I'm Lizeth De Jesús!

Then I found myself not whispering like I usually would. I feel like this school is changing me WAY too fast!

Joel: So, where did you move from?

Lizeth: New York.

Joel: Hey, do you wanna sit over there?

I nodded and I sat on the bench next to him. He asked some questions about me and and asked some about him. This was the first real conversation that I've had with someone ever since the accident happened. Well except Zabdi.

All of a sudden the lunch was over and it went by so fast.

Joel: Omg lunch is over! So, I'll catch you later!

Lizeth: Ok!!

I went back and I see the girls cleaning up.

Clair: Where did you go?

Lizeth: We just talked.

Veronica: Hey, do you like soccer?

Lizeth: Yes! I love soccer!!

Veronica: Well I have practice after school and we are looking for new players. Would you be interested in joining?

Lizeth: YESSS!

Veronica: Ok I'll see you after school!

After that we all left to our clases and continued the day.

School was finally over and I texted Zabdiel to let him know. We didn't have any clases together like we always did so I was very upset. I only had two clases with Veronica and Joel and with Clair and Vanessa one. Me, Melany and Melissa didn't have any. Me and Erick had one class together.

~Text convo~

To Zabdi💩: Hey Zabdi! I'm staying after school for soccer tryouts! So I guess I'll meet you home?

From Zabdi💩: I'm staying 2! I'll meet you out in the field and we could go together.

The school had a girl and a boy's soccer team. For what football was in other schools soccer was the big deal. Meaning that the most popular boys were in the soccer team. They even had their own cheerleaders. The girls on the other hand, didn't.

When I got out there. I was all changed into my uniform. I had my cleats on, shorts and a loose shirt. I was walking out and Veronica and Melissa ran to me. They where both on the team except Clair, Melany and Vanessa who didn't like sports very much.

Melissa: You ready?

Lizeth: Yep!

Veronica: Don't be nervous! You're gonna kill it!

I walked to the field and turned around to see the boys team. Zabdiel was talking to the coach and Joel was there too talking to the boys. Of course he was gonna be on the team. I expected him to be. He then saw me and waved my way and I returned the wave. Then I headed to the coach of the girls team. We talked to her and she said we were gonna have a scramble game. She was gonna test me out. I've been playing soccer since I was 3 years old and could kick a ball. So has Zabdiel and he was hella good so I wasn't at all worried about him. I have never played in front of other people except Zabdi so we will see how this goes.

Coach: Ok Lizeth you are playing foward!

I then ran to the field and started the game. I had some moves and I decided to hide my shyness. I wanted to be in this team so I had to pretend it was only Zabdi looking at me. I hope things go well.

Melissa then passed me the ball and I ran. No one was on defense then a girl just popped up and I played with her a little trying out my moves to see if I still got it. I passed her and without thinking I kick the ball and scored! Veronica ran to me along with other girls and gave me a group hug. When we went back to the middle I turned and saw Joel staring at me again. His face was in shock.
______________________________

June 16, 2018✨

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I wasn't feeling very good so I slept the whole day!😣 But I will keep posting everyday! Let me know what you think of this chapter!

Las quiero!❤️