Chapter 30

Joel's POV

After the phone call conversation I had with Lizeth I felt like this could be a barrier in our relationship. I feel like Rebecca is the barrier because she just won't quit or give up until we are no longer together. I just wish that it was me who told her about it and instead Rebecca did. She probably filled her head with lies and I just wish she hadn't. I love Liz too much for things to end this way. I'm gonna fight for her because she's the love of my life. I might be young but I truly know and feel that she is.

It was now almost 11:00 pm and I was still awake just thinking about everything and especially our relationship. How big is this gonna impact our relationship? Is this gonna lead us to a breakup? Every possibility of what could happen ran through my mind. I'll just have to wait and see.

~Next day~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. This morning it didn't feel like any other day. I woke up feeling week and my whole body was tense. I just felt down. I don't know if it's because it's just one of those days or because of all the drama that's been happening because of Rebecca. I just wasn't my usual self.

Patty (Joel's mom): Good morning honey! How did you sleep? -She asked as she was serving breakfast.-

Joel: Fine. -I said a little quite. I wasn't in the mood to talk.-

Mom: What's wrong? -She asked in a concerned voice-

Joel: Nothing. I'm just not feeling very good that's all.

Mom: Do you want to stay home from school?

Joel: No mom. I'm fine. Enserio. -I replied with a smile to assure her that I was fine.-

After breakfast I got in the car and drove to school. Usually I would go and meet Liz and Zabdi at their car to go inside together but I wasn't even sure if she wanted to see me. I walked inside to get my books and went straight to the library. I didn't feel like talking to anyone at all. I got to school early and I had 20 minutes to study for another quiz I had later in the day. It wasn't as big as yesterday's but it was still a quiz. As I was sitting in my usual study spot buried in my book, I heard foot steps of someone coming towards me. I looked up to see Lizeth standing in front of the table.

Lizeth: I though you might be here. -Of course she did. She knows me better than anyone.-

Joel: Liz... I...

Lizeth: Please let me talk and don't say anything until I get everything I need to say out. -Her voice was calm and she didn't seem mad at all-

Joel: Okay.

Lizeth: Look... -She took a deep breath- Joel I love so much and you know that. When I heard about the kiss my heart broke into a million piece -Hearing that made mine break into a million pieces- and it did hurt so badly. I realized something. I realized that you are way too important to me and the thought of losing you is an unbearable feeling. I don't think I could go through it but at the same time I can't pretend that it didn't happen. -Tears were rolling down her cheeks.- I can't go back to normal knowing that Rebecca is gonna do everything and anything to break us up. I don't want her to come in between us. I haven't recovered from the last time she was in my life and seeing her take everything away from me so fast is something I can't handle just yet. With that being said. I think we need some time apart.

Joel: What? -Tears were now rolling down my cheeks as well.-

Lizeth: I need to pull myself together. This isn't a break up. At least I hope it's not. I just need time to figure everything out and to work on myself before she makes another move. Please understand.

Joel: I understand. I know that she won't stop and take all the time you need. This... this isn't a break up. Look I know I messed up letting her pull me in like that and I'm so sorry. I love you so much! Just... Just please come back to me! -I said almost sobbing.-

Lizeth: Of course I will. You're the love of my life. -She gave me a tight hug and I didn't want to let go. Then without looking at me one more time because it would break her, She separated herself from me and walked away.-

I felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest and that this was my fault. I knew what she was dealing with and all those feeling resurfacing once again was too much for her. I didn't help her at all. This was proof that I didn't. I just hope that she truly does come back to me and that this isn't an a break up because I couldn't bare that either. If we break up because of Rebecca then I don't know what I would do.

The rest of the day me and Liz didn't talk. I spend lunch in the library to avoid any awkwardness at our lunch table. It was now the end of the day and I was at my locker getting some of my books for my homework.

Rebecca: Hey baby!- She said with a smile.-

Joel: Leave me alone.

Rebecca: What? Why? You aren't mad at me because I told your girlfriend that we kissed, are you?

Joel: The fact that you don't find anything wrong with that sentence just sickens me. - I replied while walking away.-

Rebecca: Ughh baby. Stop over reacting. So are you guys still together or what?

Joel: None if your damn business. -I wasn't gonna give her the pleasure of finding out that me and Liz took a break because of her. Of course she is gonna find out eventually but I couldn't deal with her reaction at the moment.-

Rebecca: Auch that hurt. -She says as she dramatically places her hand on her heart.-

Joel: Just, leave, me, alone! -I said walking away.-

______________________________
August 3, 2018✨

Hey!! How do you guys feel about the break? I don't think I would've done that. You know, take a break. But Lizeth is a totally different character and different from myself that I thought that's what she would've done. It did hurt me to write it.😅 What would you guys have done in her situation? Hope you guys enjoyed it!

The picture that I put up top is one of my favorite pictures ever! He just looks so perfect that it's so surreal to me! How can someone be so perfect?!😍❤️❤️

Love y'all!✌🏼💞