Chapter 8

Joel's POV

I woke up this morning with an amazing feeling. It's a feeling I never felt before. Since yesterday when I saw Liz laying in bed sleeping so peacefully after I holded her in my arms I've had this feeling. I can't help but smile. I took a quick shower and went down stairs for breakfast.

Joel: Good morning mom! -I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.-

Mom: Buenos días mi amor! Wow you're extra happy today!

Joel: Well I feel great!

I just couldn't stop smiling. I then said goodbye to everyone, got in my car and headed to school. As usual when I got out of the car I headed straight to my locker then to meet my friends. When I got there they were all laughing because Christopher being Christopher trying to be funny shoved a banana into Jaime's mouth while he was eating it. I just laughed along with them sort of confused until they explained in to me. Next to Veronica and Zabdiel was Liz. I looked at her and just smiled. She smiled back. It wasn't just a smile it was a smile that said so many different things at once, if that even makes sense. Then the bell rang so everyone got up and headed to class. I let everyone go first and waited for Liz.

Joel: Hey, are you ok? -I asked-

Lizeth: Yea Im ok. Hey umm... listen about last night. I wanted to say thank you! I never even told you what was wrong and you were there for me. That means so much to me!

Joel: No problem! I'm here for you when ever you need me!

~~~~~~ 2 weeks later~~~~~~~

Everything has been amazing! Zabdiel got closer to the guys along with me and Liz did too. I've been getting to know Liz much better and since that first day I haven't stopped thinking about her. I never asked about why she was crying, I just let it go hoping  she would tell me later but she didn't. I don't want to pressure her into telling me. Veronica has also made a move on Chris and everyone has noticed except Chris of course. We've been dropping clues here and there about Veronica but he hasn't picked them up yet. He is so clueless. I've also noticed that Richard and Liz have been spending a lot of time with each other. Maybe a little too much time but I guess I'm being a little paranoid.

Our soccer game was tomorrow night so we had practice after school. The girls didn't so they decided to stay anyways to watch us play. We were warming up and I couldn't help but stare at Liz. She looked so beautiful today. I mean she always looks beautiful anyways. I guess Yoyo saw me staring because he said something.

Yoyo: Just ask her out already Geezzz!!

Joel: What are you talking about? -I said acting confused-

Yoyo: You know exactly what I'm taking about! Look you like her and she likes you back obviously so...

Joel: No she doesn't. -I said interrupting him.-

Yoyo: If you really believe that then you are as clueless as Chris, maybe even more. Ok here, let's make a deal. If we win tomorrow's game then you have to ask Lizeth out. Deal! And don't give me that crap about this isn't right making this kind of deal thing! You know you want to so I'm just giving you a push!

Joel: Alright, deal!  Hey do you think there is something going on between Richard and Liz. They've been spending way to much time together.

Yoyo: Not that I know of. Hey, are you making excuses already to get out of this? Don't! Because you need this push! You haven't gone on a date since your... Well the first date you had a year ago. I remember you were a mess! -he said laughing-

Joel: I was just nervous alright! -I said defending myself- If I Im gonna ask her out I need to make sure that there is nothing between her and Richard. I'll be back. -I said walking towards Richard who was warming up.-

Joel: Hey Richard, can I talk to you?

Richard: Yea sure man. What's up?

Joel: Is there something going on between you and Liz? And I'm only asking because I sort of want to ask her out and I want to make sure I'm not over stepping into something here.

Richard: No there is nothing going on. I just like spending time with her. I've been getting to know her a lot more and turns out we have a lot in common. She's just a friend, well best friend! And FINALLY! I though you weren't gonna do it! Awwww Joelito's first girlfriend! - He said fake crying-

Joel: That's only if she says yes.

Richard: She'll say yes bro. Trust me. -He said winking and walked away.

I hope Richard is right. I hope she says yes. But I'm only gonna do it if we win the game like I promised Yoyo. If not then I'm gonna take more time to get to knows her even though I'm dying to do it! I have very mixed feeling at the moment. Part of me wants us not to win and a really huge part really does! Let's just see what happens.

____________________________
June 20, 2018 ✨

Hey guys so I know this chapter sucked and I'm sorry but I hope you still enjoyed it! I'll be uploading the next one tomorrow!

☺️❤️✌🏼