Chapter 10

Lizeth's POV

I was happy my heart wanted to say yes! Say "YES I WOULD LOVE TO" and just kiss him but my mind wouldn't let me. Being around him makes me so happy! Makes me feel all of this things that I've never felt before. But my head said no. If he found out, if he knew my secret... he would never look at me the same. No one could. That's why I said no.

I turned around and walked. I was holding in the sobs but not the tears. I knew I had hurt him. Hurt him badly but I can't date him. I can't date anyone not after what I did. I'm not the same. I'm broken! Once I turned the corner of the restaurant I was against the wall then sat. I sat and cried. I couldn't stop myself. I felt broken. It hurt so much! I was used to the pain but this felt different.

Richard: Liz, are you ok? What's wrong? -he had a worried expression on his face-

I stood and jumped at him with a hug while sobbing. He hugged me back and holded me while crying my eyes out.

Richard: Hey, it's ok! Whatever it is. It's going to be ok. I promise! -he whispered to me-

Lizeth: No it won't. You don't understand. I said no. I hurt him! I said no!- I managed to say in between sobs.-

Richard: Oh. I see.

Richard knew what I meant. He knew what I was talking about. So he holded me in his arms and we stayed like the for a while until I managed to calm down and little.

Richard: Hey, why don't I take you home?

I nodded and he went to get his jacket and to tell the guys he was taking me home. I told him to tell them I wasn't feeling good as an excuse for bailing. He then came out and we headed towards his car.

Lizeth: Is he... umm... is he... in there? -tears where still rolling down my cheek.-

Richard: No, he... he went home.

I sat in the car as he drove me home. I was crying the whole ride. I didn't make a noice, I wasn't sobbing, my eyes just kept rolling down tears non stop. When we got home he opened the door for me, laid me down in my bed, tucked me into bed and turned of the lights. Before he closed the door...

Lizeth: Thank you! -I whispered-

Richard: Of course. Anything for you. -he whispered with a sweet smile on his face-

Joel's POV

~~~Same night~~~

I stood there. I didn't know what to do. I didn't move. Tears rolled down my eyes then the tears got heavier and heavier. Till the point I was sobbing. I went after her but before I turned the corner I heard her. I heard her sobbing. I saw her sitting in the floor with her head in her knees and her hands covering her face. I just turned around and walked the other way.

I sat on a bench and waited till I calmed down. Until I stopped sobbing. I then went back inside and told the guys that I wasn't feeling good and I went home.

As I laid in my bed, I felt tears come down again. All I want to know is why? Did she not like me back? Did I do something wrong? Why? I at least deserve a why!! I though she liked me back. I feel like a complete idiot!! I cried and cried in my bed until I drifted to sleep.

I woke up with the worst feeling I've ever felt. I wasn't in the mood for anything. Anything at all. I told my mom that I wanted to take a day off. That I wasn't feeling so good so she let me stay. I was home by myself and all I did was listen to music. I didn't feel like crying anymore. I know that people believe that guys shouldn't cry. That it makes us look like girls but it really doesn't. Plus I'm a very emotional person, always have been, always will be. Then my phone started ringing. It was Zabdiel.

~~~ phone call ~~~

Joel: Hello?

Zabdiel: Hello? Joel? I wanted to check up on you. See how you where doing. I heard what happened yesterday.

Joel: You did? Oh god does everyone know!?

Zabdiel: No, the only people that know are me and Richard.

Joel: well I'm ok. How.. uhh... how is Liz?

Zabdiel: Not good. She decided to take a day off today like you. Look she is sad and she is hurting right now. It's not just you. I just thought you should know that.

Joel: Yea, well umm you should get to class.

Zabdiel: Alright, yea.. I'll talk to you later, hermano. Bye.

Joel: Bye.

~~~ End of phone call ~~~

She took a day of too. Does it hurt her as much as it hurst me? She was the one who said no. Why is she in so much pain? I should be the one. I don't want her to me in pain! I don't want her to feel the pain... if I could I would take it all away and place it on me. Am I an idiot for feeling this way? All I want to know is why! Why? I need to talk to her! I need to know why!

I got out of bed, brushed my teeth, dressed myself, got out of the house and drove. I drove to her house. I knew she wasn't gonna open so I just didn't bother knocking. I walked in slammed the door and ran upstairs. Thankfully her mom wasn't home. I then opened the door to her bed room to see her laying in bed. As soon as she heard me enter she got up and sat down. She was crying. Her eyes were all red and her noice was stuffy. Looking at her this way brought so much more pain. At this point I was crying too.

Joel: Why? Just why? I at least deserve an explanation! Why no? Did I do something wrong or do you just not like? - I was sobbing at this point- If you don't like me then you could've said so. Instead of wal- she then interrupted me-

Lizeth: NO! IT'S NOT THAT! IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE YOU! - She yelled- It's actually the other way around. I like you too much!

Joel: THEN WHY? WHAT DID I DO WRONG? -I yelled back with tears in my eyes.-

Lizeth: JOEL! I DID SOMETHING VERY BAD! I have a secret. If I told you you would never see me the same way. You would change your mind. IM BROKEN, JOEL! That's why I can't date you!

Joel: What ever you did... it can't be that bad! You can tell me. - I said sitting down-

Lizeth: No Joel! ITS BAD! Really bad! Something I will never forgive myself for! Something that I should be in jail for! -She then got up and ran to the bathroom while crying-

______________________________
June 22, 2018✨ again, it's technically the 23rd because I'm writing this at 1 in the morning🤣

I hope you guys like it! What do you think that Lizeth's secret is now that you found out a little more about it? What do you think she did?🤔

Much love to y'all!✌🏼❤️