Chapter 33

Joel's POV

It was a Saturday morning and I felt like doing nothing. My mom has to work today and my siblings all have plans except me. Liz hasn't spoken to me since that day at the library and I miss her so much. I just want to pick up the phone and beg her to come back to me. I know that we are stronger together but she doesn't see that. I wish that Rebecca never laid a foot in that school or in this town even.

I was sitting in the kitchen eating the breakfast that mom left for me when my phone started to ring. I eagerly picked it up in hopes that it might be Liz but it wasn't. It was Marcus. Marcus? Me and Marcus rarely speak, we only exchanged numbers once for a science project that we had.

~Phone call conversation~

Joel: Hello?

Marcus: Hey, Bro! What's up? -He greeted me happily.-

Joel: Nothing much.- I replied in confusion.- what's up with you?

Marcus: Ok so listen, I'm having a party tonight at my house. It's more of an early pool party. Wanna come?

Joel: Yea sure. -I had no plans so why not right?-

Marcus: Alright, see you tonight bro!

Joel: Alrig... -He hung up before I could reply.-

Well I guess I have a party tonight. He then texted me the details and as it turns out the party was just in a couple of hours. I should clean my room before I leave. I completed all my chores then hoped in the shower. Once I was done it was still early so I passed the time watching Netflix until it was time to go.

I grabbed my keys and drove to the party. When I arrived there was already a bunch of people outside trying to get in. So far I don't recognize anyone then someone touched me by the shoulder.

Alex: Hey bro! -I quickly turned around-

Joel: Alex hey! You're here. Typical.

Alex: What is that supposed to mean? -He asked.-

Joel: I mean that you love to party that's all.

Alex: Hell yea I do! Come, let's go have some fun! -He yelled pulling me by the arm.-

We shoved our way to the backyard where there already was a bunch of people drinking and have fun.

Alex: Here. -He says shoving a drink into my hand.-

Joel: I don't drink! -I said handing him the cup back.-

Alex: Well you do now.

Joel: No I don't. -I reply harshly.-

Alex: Look bro you just went through a break up and I say that you really need this right now. Plus no one here knows you so they won't judge. Now come on. Have some fun for once in your life! -He says trying to give me a pep talk.-

He was right. What am I kidding, Lizeth will never some back to me. No one here knows me and might as well try something new. I grab the cup and take a big drink. The alcohol was strong maybe a little too strong but I knew that I would get used to it with a couple more. Time had passed and it was now 7:00 I think. I was still drinking and I lost control of my body, well at least the sane part lost control. Next thing I know I dial Liz's number and soon after that she was standing next to me holding me up by my waist. After that it all became a fuzz. I remember sitting in the passengers sit of my car while Liz was driving then her carrying me inside her house and into one of the guest rooms. She laid me down on the bed and I fell into a deep sleep.

~9:30 PM~

I woke up with a huge headache and with a horrible stomach ache. I felt like throwing up, luckily Liz placed a garbage can next to the bed with a clean fresh towel. I picked the can up and started to hurl until I couldn't hurl anymore. I cleaned my face and chucked the glass of water that was on the nightstand. Then I hear a knock on the door.

Lizeth: Hey how are you feeling? -She asked worried while coming in.-

Joel: Like my head is gonna explode. -I said in a chuckle.-

Lizeth: Yea, it's called a hang over. Here I brought you some stuff. Here is some aspirin for the headache, a bottle of water and I brought you some clothes. This are Zabdiel's clothes. They look comfortable enough for you to sleep in. I thought maybe you could use a shower because you smell like alcohol and so you can sleep better.  -She hands me everything and all I could do it look into her beautiful eyes. This is the first time she has talked to me since our talk. Well the first time she has talked to me while I'm conscious.-

Joel: Thank you, Liz! Thank you for taking care of me. I don't think I'm in a condition to go home. I should call my mom.

Lizeth: I know and don't worry I already did. And don't worry I didn't tell her about the alcohol part. I told her that you passed out on the couch watching a movie with Zabdiel and that you were gonna stay over. So you're welcome.

Joel: Thanks again. -I couldn't stop looked at her. She was just so beautiful.-

Lizeth: Well I'll let you get ready. There is a toothbrush, a clean towel and a brush in the bathroom for you to use. I'll come back in a little bit to check on you and take those clothes to wash for tomorrow. -She explains and walks out the door.-

All I could do is smile. Maybe this is my chance. Maybe I can win her over tonight. We can sit down and have another talk and maybe she will see how perfect we are together. I just hope that things change after tonight.

________________________________
August 6, 2018✨

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. It's a little short, I know. Tomorrow's chapter will be longer.

Bye!💖