+ 1

"i told you i don't have money y/n! stop going back and forth here like a beggar!"

"i-i'm sorry hyeri but you know my reason r-right?" i begged.

"don't ever come back here again begging for money because i'm sick of this y/n, i'm sick of you!" she screamed and slammed the door in front of my face.

my shoulders sank as i breathe heavily.

look how pathetic i am.

i looked one last glance over her door before turning my back. 'she'll be there whenever i need her' my ass. she knew what situation i am in yet she got the guts to yell at me as if i don't use the money in a proper way.

my mom's dying.

the least thing i wanna do is beg people for money. but what am i doing?

tears threatened my eyes but i looked up to prevent it. i don't want wasting my tears to people who i believed would help me even in my own destruction.

but no.

even my bestfriend shooed me like a mother fucking dog.

i walked home just to be welcomed by tons of bills. i left them at the mail and dash towards upstairs where my mom lays in a bed. i knocked softly and opened to see my mom smiling at me.

"where have you been? let's eat—" a cough escaped her mouth and i felt like my heart ache at the scene.

"uhm no mom, eat the meal yourself, i'm full." i reassured and sat at the chair beside her bed.

"are you sure?" she asked and cupped my face, feeling her cold palms against my skin.

i smiled and nodded.

she started eating the same soup she's been eating for weeks. i couldn't even provide her medicine but at least i tried hard just to feed her in time. a soup may not be enough supplement but the least i want to happen is my mom dying in hunger.

once she was done, i helped her lay down.

"you don't look healthy." she muttered.

i quickly glanced up from fixing her cover to her face. she was staring at the ceiling while playing with the IV wire between her fingers.

"i am mom, don't worry." i said and was about to go out when she grabbed my wrist slowly.

i looked down at her and panicked when a tear shed down her cheeks.

i quickly sat back and held her hands worriedly, "what's wrong mom? are you hurt? do you need anything? tell me mom—"

"thank you.....," she whispered in a faint voice.

"f-for what mom?"

"everything y/n. you could just leave me dying here while you live a normal life. it hurts to see my daughter working hard and going home exhausted just to make my life longer." a tear rolled again on her pale skin.

"i'm sorry for being such a burden, i'm sorry for being such a bad mom and just laying here, useless and lifeless—"

"g-go to bed, mom." i said and took off her hands on me.

i immediately closed the door and leaned behind it.

there.

tears that i don't want my mom to see rolled down my face without stopping. making my cheeks wet and red. making my nose scrunched up as i stopped my sob escaping my mouth because i don't want my mom hearing it.

i walked over my room and laid down on bed. my phone suddenly beeped beside me so i grabbed it to see a text message from hyeri.

from: hyeri

i'm sorry for yelling at you y/n, my husband and i fought earlier that's why i got carried away :((( i'm really sorry, please forgive me :(

i tossed the phone on the desk but suddenly it buzzed again. i checked who it was and rolled my eyes when i saw the same contact again.

from: hyeri

to make it up to you, i would offer you a job to my friend! i'm really sorry y/n. reply asap so i would know if u'd like to accept the offer ;D

to: hyeri

you're forgiven :) i accept the offer, what's the job?

from: hyeri

i'm not actually sure but he discussed something about contract thingy but i didn't listen hehe

to: hyeri

please tell him i accept the offer and would like to meet him tomorrow xx

i sighed and laid my head on my pillow. i stared outside the window where the rain hardly fell like there's no tomorrow.

i like rain a lot.

the way the ground would smell and the soothing sensation it always give me when it falls. i love rain a lot because i think it's the only thing that can calm me down.

especially in a situation like this.

i remembered what happened earlier. i don't want my mom saying something like that because it always give me the hopeless feeling.

and i don't wanna feel that.

my mom is what i treasure the most.

and i would risk anything just to give her a longer life.

+

so the first chapter is kinda short, kinda like a prolouge? the first chapter may not be convincing to read further but i promise that the next chapters would be interesting. i planned this story and i feel excited about how this story's gonna glow by it's own.

thankyou! :)