+ 26

my body froze in chill, my mind processing the image of the man in front of me while i think he's trying to do the same thing. our eyes meeting each other while we stop on moving.

finally, i had the urge to look away.

i looked in the ground and saw his feet moved, meaning he looked away as well.

"we need to talk." i heard him say.

i looked at him and grabbed my bag, standing up from my seat.

"i don't think we need to. i still remember the contract we had, mister park. after the baby is delivered, you won't see me again." i decided to turn my back on him and quickly left the cafe.

the heavy feeling inside my heart started rising up, the tears in my eyes started swelling up my orbs and i could feel my head hurting.

too many questions inside my head, answers freely coming up but i'm blocking these conclusions. i don't want to know.

i was about to open my car door when i heard footsteps behind me.

"i just want to talk. please." i heard behind me.

i turned my head to see park jimin panting, his eyes begging for me to stay and talk to him. i knew he have too many questions inside his head too.

just like me.

but he wants to know the truth.

and i don't.

because i'm scared.

"you are the donor?" he asked.

i just nodded my head, gulping each breath.

"thank you so much." he said, smiling at me.

he then turned his back, "and i'm sorry. i took of her—"

i turned my back, opening my door, decided not to hear the truth. i started my engine, driving back to where i live.

i'm not ready for the truth.

yet it's so obvious.

i stopped driving on the side of the road and stared at the long straight way ahead my car. my mind is blank and everything happened so quickly.

i didn't even give him a chance to speak.

is it because of what he did?

did i ever forgive him anyways?

he ruined my life, lied about my mom's death.

who would forgive him?

i don't want to see him anymore, not at all. i never knew i would see him again after all those years.

but then, maybe fate has given us the chance for me to forgive him.

and to meet her.

i turned my wheel and drive without thinking much.

i said i never wanted to know the truth, because i am scared and not ready. but what's the point of avoiding it? what if it's for good?

i took a deep breath and went out my car.

i entered the hospital with a fear inside me, i went to the floor where her room was located. when i came face to face to her door, i stood there long and scared.

but then, i opened the door and saw her lying in bed.

my heart shattered into pieces and the truth slapped me in the face.