6 | d a l l o n

So, Breezy asked me out in the hall earlier. I hate that she had to ask me. It's not like I've went around telling people I'm gay. But I am. And she's very much my friend. So she didn't take it very well.

I've always been proud of my sexuality and my career choices. Never once have they both coincided. None of my coworkers ever hit on me because they knew I don't do romance. I do work. But Breezy just has to risk it and I'm slightly mad at her for it.

Brendon opened the door of the bathroom and smiled politely at me. He's wearing pyjamas but not the same ones as before. He's smart bringing extra clothes instead of wearing the hospital gowns.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I think I should be asking you the same thing." I reply.

"Fight me-" Brendon says but it ends in a cough. He tiredly goes to the bed and tries to stop. He takes a drink of his water and lets out a breath— a sigh.

I help him get comfortable in the bed and he turns away. "I won't fight you because I know you'll win." I say. He smiles a little and nods his head.

I spot Dr. Williams in the hall and stop her abruptly. "Dallon!" She chimes.

"Hey, so when is Brendon Urie the lungs patient due to go home?" I ask eagerly. "I really think he just wants to be home, even for a day or two."

"He's getting better. The stronger dose is helping him. His coughs are less frequent and he says his chest isn't as tight anymore, though I think he could be lying about the last one just to go home. If possible, he could go home tomorrow." She rambles and writes down stuff on her clipboard. "Maybe." She points to me sternly.

I really think Brendon just needs a break. He's gone from losing his dad to the hospital and he's had so much time to think about it. He needs something to take his mind off of it I think. Apparently he has friends but I haven't seen them much.

I just think it's best for him to go home and get better.

"Great, well I'll see to it that he stays better." I tell her and she smiles.

"I heard about Douglas." She says lowly. Douglas is Breezy's last name. "I'm sure she'll get over it."

It's unprofessional to talk about love lives during work, but it's not unusual. I hate it nonetheless.

I smile politely at her and head to another one of my patients. A 19 year old with a broken leg and a heart condition. Also one of my idiotic friends.

"Hey, nurse!" He knows my name. It's written directly across from him in big red letters. He's been here a while and is really friendly. "Your other patients okay?"

"They've got no broken bones." I tell him. "How you doing, Ryan?"

"My leg hurts as it should."

"Next time don't be an idiot and try to do bike tricks when you barely know how to ride a bike." He laughs loudly causing the girl asleep on the chair to shift around. I don't know how she even expected to sleep while in the same room with Ryan.

"Is that how you treat your patients?"

"Hey man, you can have any other nurse but none like me." I tell him quickly and fix the pillows behind him. He thanks me and tells me he needs food. "Ask your girlfriend to get it. I'm on lunch."

He sticks out his hand and holds up the middle finger while letting out a laugh so loud it wakes up the girl.

I chuckle as I walk toward the food court to get a muffin and a chocolate milk. They have the little cartons that go fast but I bribed the workers to hide one away for me. They like me enough now so I don't have to bribe them anymore.

I sit down at an empty spot. Actually, the whole place is empty. There's only the few lunch people but other than that I'm the only person sitting at a table.

"Can I sit with you?" Brendon asked- Wait, Brendon?

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I couldn't be in my room any longer or I think I would die." He says effortlessly but when he sees my shocked expression he stops laughing. "It's just a joke!" He shifted in his wheelchair. He pushed himself over here?

-

It's day fucking four of my wisdom teeth being out and I can't get this gross taste out of my mouth? I was given listerine mouth wash but it honestly makes my mouth feel plaque-y and shit but I have to use it but anyways it sucks

buT JOSH AND DEBBY THATS EXCITING

-jj