8 | d a l l o n

I chickened out at the last second. I was going to write my number, but the kid is a kid.

He left a week ago and I kind of miss him. He always smiled no matter what. I don't even think he realized it.

"Dallon!" Mark yelled, taking me out of my thoughts. "You got a hot teenager looking for you." He said in a weird teenage girl voice and raised his eyes brows suggestively. He's an odd one. "Wing 2." He stated plainly and went back to looking at a chart.

I don't know who could possibly be here for me but I do have an idea. I just really hope I'm right about this one.

I have a perk in my step, a bounce, some sort of tone that says "I have a destination and I'm excited!" But then I see who it is. Ryan is sitting in front of the reception desk with his leg up in the wheel chair and his hands raised in the air.

"Ah! Dallon, finally! Tell this lady that I'm allowed to be out of bed!" He motions toward a nice coworker and raises his eyebrows like he's wanting me to lie.

"Ryan, you're not allowed to be out of bed." I shoot a sorry to the woman trying to get him to go back to his room and push his chair. He slumps in it with his hands crossed. He knows that too much pressure (like pushing himself to a completely different wing) could really put him in a tough spot.

"You know, I wish you would stop sulking about that boy and be fun again."

I'm not sulking! Im merely just praying that he'll show up here and confess his undying love for me so I could say something like 'I've known you for a week' and then follow it up with 'but fight me.'

"I'm fun!" I spit out. "But I'm also working right now. Any other time after 5 I'm all yours to tell people lies and all that."

"So you're staying after 5?" He pipes up, sitting straight and immediately regretting it. It made his leg move and he sat back with a pained expression.

"Why not." I smile.

I push the door open and get Ryan through it. He's sad as he gets back into the bed but then smiles boringly at me. "Can't you stay for like a minute longer. Pretend to do something."

"Where are your friends?"

"No where. Everywhere. You know what I need?" I hum in response and write on his board. "I need me a hot boyfriend. Someone to have hot hospital sex with at night. God, I miss her." He's talking about his ex. Apparently she thought he was dying and then left because she couldn't handle it.

I widen my eyes as he looks at me expectingly. He never talks like this and apart of me thinks he isn't joking. "Well, I hope you get just that."

"Come on you were supposed to laugh!"

I fake a laugh and he sends me the middle finger when he thinks I'm not looking.

-

Another update bc it's Christmas Eve and I feel sick :(

-jj