31 | b r e n d o n

YIKES THIS IS WHERE IT STARTS TO GET AWKWARD LOL IM SORRY

-

The ride home from the hospital wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I was going to get sudden memories and start crying or panicking. But it was fine. It was normal.

I missed my bed, the comfort of my home, and my CD player. It's been a long time since I've felt incredibly safe and at ease at home. I knew the second hospital stay was just a matter of time. But now that's over and done with. I can relax and live.

It's been a couple days and I almost forgot that school is over and it's summer. Though, the hot ass weather could've told me so itself. I've been oblivious to it this year. One day I'm sick and suddenly it's summer and scorching hot.

My mom put a fan in my room to keep me cool. She's been keeping up with me and making sure I take a nap during the day and that I wake up good. She's doing good herself. I half expected her to run off and start gambling. Or drinking. Or doing something to keep her mind off of my dad. I guess I'm a good enough distraction for her because she hasn't once not given me what I asked for. I could ask her to leave the house so I could have sex or something and she would do it. Not that I would. That's weird to ask.

But she's doing good. I think. Maybe she just needs time to herself. It wouldn't be the worst thing to get her out of the house. Besides... I do want to invite Dallon over.

Oh jeez, I want sex. Sex with my nurse— well my old nurse. He's not my nurse anymore because he's my boyfriend. But sex? With my boyfriend? What if he's religious and saving himself for marriage. Or if he doesn't want to do that with me. I want to but the fact of the matter is does he?

This isn't like... the first time... I've wanted this. But for a while I've been single. Now I have a boyfriend. Shouldn't that be some sort of sign?

No, I can't invite him over. He's probably a church boy and lives by the law of God.

But my mom has to go out. She has friends. Where have they been?

"Hey, have you talked to Josh's mom lately? Plan a girls night?" I ask her randomly. She's watching a cooking show and I'm leaning on the archway into the living room. I went to school with Josh. My mom and his mom wanted us to be best friends but it didn't really happen. Which is unfortunate because he has a huge crush on Tyler.

She turns around on the couch and looks to me. "No. Why? Are you kicking me out the house?"

"No! Not at all! You just... deserve a night out."

She thinks about it for a second and picks up her phone. "You're right. Between worrying about you and worrying about your finals, I haven't done much."

"So, you're gonna go out?"

"I hope so. Will you be okay?"

"Yes! I will. You don't have to worry about me."

She smiles and dials a number. It's not long until she's talking in her girl voice all perky and excited. She's even more happier when her friend says she's down to go out.

She leaves as soon as possible leaving me a kiss on the forehead and dinner in the fridge. Just a sandwich and some vegetables. It's what she could conjure up in such a short amount of time.

My phone buzzes in my pocket loudly and annoyingly after my mom leaves the house.

"Brendon!" They shout through the phone. I pull it away, I think if I didn't then I'd go deaf in that ear. "My cat had babies a while ago and they're big enough to play with! They're so cute oh my god you have to come over!" Hayley says eagerly over the phone.

I thought I was going to spend the night debating texting Dallon to slide his way over to my house, but kittens sound so much better than that.

"They're still babies so I don't know how fun it'll be. But they're here and adorable."

"I'm already walking there!"

She shrieks into the phone and I'm met with a sudden beep in my ear.

I could cancel. She just called, but I could cancel. I could.

But... baby kittens.

-

"Man I saw u lift that saxophone toward he light, and I FELL IN LOVE"

-jj