43 | b r e n d o n

Our day with Ryan was long. Geoff wouldn't stop paying attention to me. And neither would Dallon.

We ate cafeteria food. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. By the time dinner rolled up I was content with just eating a pudding cup. You grow tired of hospital food after a while.

But Dallon also felt the same way. He also hated the hospital food and decided to stop at Wendy's. We fuelled up there and went back to his house.

Ryan was doing great. He was talking on and on when he woke up from his nap. And he explained to us that being put under felt like he was asleep for a minute. He woke up so tired because it felt like he didn't even close his eyes. He said he was also shivering so hard he didn't know what was happening. He thought it was a seizure but it turns out he was just cold from the anesthetic and he didn't know. He couldn't feel how cold his body was.

That's crazy.

"You gonna eat that?" Dallon points to my last chicken strip. I push it toward him and watch his face glow.

"I'm full." I say and hand him the rest of my fries.

"I don't know how you're not hungry anymore. You practically begged me stop here."

"I thought I was hungry. Turns out I just needed a frosty in my life."

He smiles and shoves food in his mouth. We're probably gonna pass out as soon as we lay on the bed. I'm so tired I feel like I could sleep for years and never wake up.

You know, space is completely silent. Sound cannot travel without an atmosphere, which does not reside in space. So it's completely silent. I don't know if that means you can't play music in space, but if that's the case then I think I would hate every second of it. But as I said, I was never really good at physics and the matter of sound and frequency in an atmosphere-less place.

"You ready to go?" He shoots me a grin and stands up. The tray placed in his hand strategically as he carries it to the garbage. For some reason, we stopped at Wendy's in the mall. There's something about people watching that catches both of us and the other Wendy's never has a lot of people in them. Besides, the mall has an aesthetic that is so nice.

There's a hotel in this mall. Each room is different themed. There's a fantasy theme, a water theme, and a space theme. I've never actually stayed in a room here but I don't think I would hate it.

Dallon grabs my hand while we walk out through entrance 3 and make it to his car. Chivalry isn't dead with Dallon because he slides over and opens the door for me before walking back around and getting in on the driver's side. I can't help but let out the breath I wasn't aware that I was holding in.

He rolls down all the windows after he starts the car. He doesn't blast the AC but I see why as soon as we start driving. His hair flops all over the place and I can only assume mines doing the same.

Dallon is in a really great mood because he blasts a song on the radio and starts screaming the lyrics over the sound of wind pushing past us. He's so nonchalantly cool in that way. Like he can really just belt out a song in the middle of driving with the windows down.

At a red light he leans over and kisses my cheek right before the light turns green. He is so happy, I love it. He's so affectionate when he's in a good mood. I love that. I mean, he's so soft and kind I wouldn't expect it any other way with him.

He parks in his stall and sits there smiling for a second. Just a stupid smile on his face. He rolls up the windows and slips out of the vehicle before locking it.

The AC is always going in Dallon's apartment. I feel like it's no good for the environment but I don't care. Maybe the heat outside isn't good for the environment.

"I keep forgetting to turn it off." Dallon says as if he read my mind. "But it's lucky for us!" He cheers before he retreats to his bedroom while I stay for minute. I know I should tell him, but I don't want to.

I grab a glass from the cupboard and fill it up with ice and water from the fridge. My head feels so light. Maybe I just need to lie down.

Dallon is already in different clothes and sprawled on the cold blanket. He looks like he's trying to sleep, so I attempt being quiet.

He's taken the spot beside the wall, his leg touching it to get even more colder. He's got all the tactics. I take the edge of the bed, sitting down and sipping my water. I may as well take a nap too.

Dallon's hand touches my spine suddenly. I don't know what to do but melt into it. "Are you okay?"

"Just tired." I smile quickly at him earning his hand to move around my back. He's got this touch. So delicate and smooth and just nice.

Dallon shuffles on the bed behind me and before I know it he's tracing shapes all up my spine and on my neck before his lips press softly on my skin. Delicate and smooth. His fingers hover over my arms causing a chill to run through me.

I wanted this earlier. But that was before we went to the hospital and I remembered that I'm lying to everyone. I can't do this.

"Dallon," the whisper rolls off my lips like honey with his touch on my skin. He hums in response, still leaving gentle kisses on my neck. He's being slow with his movements like he doesn't want to spook me.

I can't do this. I can't breathe right. I can't lie to people. I can't. "Please stop."

Just like that, he's gone. There's no lingering touch, there are no words in protest. He let's go and sits back. "I'm sorry." He mumbles behind me. "You said you were tired. I should listen more." I hear a faint light-hearted smile in his voice.

"It's not that," I clutch my chest tightly. Oh, please just this once let it be nothing. "I can't breathe."

He takes my hand in his before he speaks. "Are you having a panic attack? What's going on? Oh my," his hand grips mine tight, "are you a virgin? I should have known. Bren, I'm sorry we don't have to-"

"Please stop talking," I say quietly, holding my chest in an attempt to fix my problem. I should have listened- I should have told him sooner. "I just need my inhaler." Dr. Williams gave it to me before I left the last time. She told me it would help in situations like this. She's always right, right?

"Where is it? I'll get it."

"I got it."

I stand up, letting go of his hand before I fall.

-

The Jonas brothers are back this is the best news ever

-jj