17 | b r e n d o n

If Apollo 11 didn't make it to the moon, what would have happened? Would they just try again with a different Apollo?

If the Apollo 11 didn't take the leap. Or if it broke down during the trip. What would have happened then?

I could always just take the jump and hope for the best. The only problem is what if it's too late? What if I blew my chance? What if he's moved on to some new guy that wasn't an ex-patient?

But no matter what the Apollo 11 made it to the moon regardless. So who's to say that it isn't too late? Who's to stop the Apollo 11 from getting to its destination?

Yesterday I asked Dallon if he wanted to come over so I could make him food. A date. Instead of constantly spending money I decided to be romantic or something. I mean, I have to make him fall in love with me somehow. What better way than to charm him with my cooking skills. Or have him hate me for my lack of cooking skills.

I'm pacing around in my room wondering what I even know how to cook. I'm honestly on the verge of just ordering pizza and then pretending like I made it. That sounds better than apologizing and going out again.

But he's gonna be here. Then I have to have the conversation I've been repeating in my head. So far into the many scenarios I can only think of a few that would have a good turn out.

It's going to be too late, I know it.

Dallon knocks softly a couple times on the front door before I could even hide the evidence. I freeze for a moment and then bring myself to open it. I could have just made no sound and made him go away.

He's dressed normally. I don't know why I'm a bit sad by it. Maybe I wanted to see him in slightly nicer clothes. The first time I saw him outside of the hospital he was wearing a plain t shirt and jeans. Now he's wearing a t-shirt and pants.

He says his Hey and I bring him inside. He does look good, though. Different somehow. It could be because I'm seeing him in a different light.

I close the door behind him while he slides off his jacket and sets it on the sofa. This is unbearable. I gotta tell him.

"Okay, so, I have a confession." I mumble under my breath. He turns to me with a raised eyebrow and a smirk on his face. "I'm not a cook. So, I ordered pizza for you."

He covers his mouth with his hand. Probably to hide a gagging noise or something. I knew I should've just made spaghetti or chicken fingers.

"I love pizza!" He laughs and motions towards the kitchen, like he's asking if it is indeed in the kitchen. "What kind?"

"Cheese?"

"Yes!" He put his arms together like he's praying to Jesus. He laughs even more when he spots the box in the garbage and the pizza set up nicely on a pan. "You can order pizza for me anytime."

And now I'm thinking that I made the right choice.

I had him a plate and he takes a slice of the pizza. "Dominoes is the superior pizza place." I tell him. "So I trust their cooking better than my own."

"Dominoes is my favourite!"

-

I'm so sorry this chapter sucks but it sucked worse before I fixed it up. I also apologize for not posting yesterday so you get a triple update today for no reason I guess

-jj