11 | b r e n d o n

Apollo 11 was the mission that brought the first humans to touch the moon. It launched on July 16, 1969 and took four days to get to the moon. They didn't take the first step on the moon until July 21. They stayed 21 hours, 38 minutes, and 21 seconds on the moon. The mission was as simple as getting to the moon and recording a manned landing.

And then they landed in the Pacific Ocean. Or rather, on the Pacific Ocean. Called Mare Tranquillitatis which means Sea of Tranquility.

So, if people have touched the moon and stayed there for 21 hours, 38 minutes, and 21 seconds, then why is it so hard for me to press the button to initiate a call?

Dallon wrote his phone number on the cup of coffee he bought me yesterday. Well, actually, 20 hours ago. When is the right time to call someone after they give their number? Aren't there websites with advice for stuff like this? Why don't they teach this stuff in school? A good number of space facts will not help me in whether or not I should call back after four days or twenty-one hours.

"Are you looking up facts again? Don't you know everything already?" My mom asked. She put her hand on my shoulder and I melted into the touch. "Or is this for something else?" She wondered.

"I'm doing an English assignment to get extra credit. I'm supposed to write about what I know."

"So why are you researching?"

"To figure out which thing I know will get me the best marks."

She nodded at that and sat down across from me. "Dinner will be done soon. You gonna put that away?" She motioned to my laptop and shot me a condescending look. She thinks I've been spending too much time on it. "We can watch a movie? Or finish the Fosters?"

"I need to finish this today, sorry." I smile sadly at her. "Tomorrow?"

She frowned and limped up from the bed. "Sure. I'll let you know when the food is ready." She mumbled and I heard her footsteps going down to the kitchen.

I took out my phone and sighed for the billionth time today. I punched in the number and just stared at it. Pressing this button means possible commitments. Or even possible changes that I don't think I'm ready for yet. Pressing the button just holds too much responsibility.

"That doesn't look like homework." A voice chimed into my room suddenly. I jumped and pressed the button, looking to my phone and hearing the ringing.

"Patrick! What the fuck!" I hang up the phone and throw it to the foot of my bed.

Patrick carefully walked into the room and raised an eyebrow. He never just drops by. "What?"

"I- nothing. What are you doing here?"

"Your mom sent me up. Said I was just in time for dinner." He smiled and rubbed his stomach jokingly. He's a bit on the bigger side and he knows it. He makes jokes to make people laugh, but I think its to make himself feel just a tiny bit better. "What were you doing on your phone?"

I stare at him blankly for a second. If only he knew.

I reach for the cup and show him, watching his eyes widen. "No way! Who's is this?"

"Do you remember the cute nurse I may have mentioned?"

"Holy shit! You didn't!"

"Well actually, he did."

He stared at it like it was a piece of art. He didn't even hold it like a normal cup. "Isn't that against, like, some sort of job regulations or something?"

"I don't think so. Even then, I'm not his patient anymore so it's no big deal I guess."

He nodded his head for a while, it still processing in his brain. "So you called him-"

My phone is buzzing. Like, actually buzzing. I'm getting a call.

Patrick hands it to me. I only watch it buzz in my hand until Patrick takes it and answers it, holding it against my ear. It appears to me that Patrick wanted the call to happen just as much as I did.

"Hello?" The voice on the other side speaks.

"Hi!" I perk up a little too quickly.

I hear a low laugh on the other end, giving me some sort of relief. "Brendon?"

"How'd you know?" I look to Patrick who is smiling so wide I can probably see all his teeth.

He lets out a low chuckle and I hear shuffling around. "Just a hunch. Did you try to prank call me?"

"Do you normally call back prank callers?" I twist the blanket between my fingers while I wait for his response. Patrick moved closer to hear what he says and got comfy beside me.

"Only if they're cute I guess."

I feel my cheeks go red at those words. Cute? No, no. He's thinking of a different Brendon. Patrick's mouth is agape at the compliment and he motioned for me to say something.

"Glad to see you didn't just throw away the cup." Dallon spoke out before I could manage any sort of response.

"Not until I put the number in my phone. Very original by the way."

"I'm full of those." I practically hear his smile.

Shit, I'm a teenage girl sitting on her bed and twirling her hair while she talks to the hottest guy in school. But then he isn't actually the hottest guy because that guy is Mercury and although he may be closer to the sun, it turns out that Venus is actually the hottest planet in the- what am I saying?

"Well now that I got your number, do you wanna catch a movie on Friday?"

"S-sure. Yeah sounds good."

"Okay, see you then." He says bye and we both hang up.

Patrick looked at me in shock, as if this is the first time I've ever been asked out. Well, it's the first time that a way older guy asked me out.

"This is huge."

"It's nothing."

"Oh yeah, it's just another Wednesday night for Brendon Urie, right?" He scoffed then smiled.

-

my sisters bf got me 100 gel pens for Christmas and my aunt got me a colouring book and some markers so I found a page with a dragon and coloured him red and then used the gel pens to make him look shinier ugh I love that for me

-jj