22 | d a l l o n

I've been avoiding Brendon's room by hiding out in Ryan's whenever I can. Awsten has Brendon. And he's a good nurse. So I'm not worried.

"Stop your pacing you're giving me a headache." Ryan's having an off day. He's still upset about his ex and the somewhat TFIOS scenario she put him in. You know, the guy with the eye condition.

"It's not fair," he said a couple days ago. "Its not like I'm contagious."

He's right, he isn't contagious. But I see her concern. Not that she was right in doing that, but I get it. He has arteriosclerosis and a broken leg. Some reason she thought the leg thing would lead to heart failure, so she left.

It's been a month and Ryan is still moping. In all honesty, I didn't think he liked her that much. Or at all, really. But I guess he just has a funny way of showing it.

"How's your boy guy?" Ryan spoke up suddenly. He'd been quiet for a while. Or maybe I was and he didn't want to ruin my incessant thinking.

"Good. He's good."

"Liar. You haven't seen him."

"So what? My day just started."

Ryan shot me a look before continuing on with what I assume will be a lecture. "So did your relationship." He downed a little bit of ice chips and cleared his throat. "Also, it's three pm."

"It's two fifty."

He glared me down with this annoying Ryan glare that only he's capable of. His eyebrow quirks and his lips purse like he's judging you. It's horrible. I'm always on the receiving end of it. I've never seen him give anyone the look but me.

As much as I hate Ryan, he's very good at making people feel bad.

Brendon is in the hospital and I haven't seen him once today. What type of person does that? Not even Satan would.

"I'll go find out."

He smiled and shook his cup of ice. "There's a good idea."

He's sitting up and laughing in his bed with Hayley on the chair beside it. She wasn't supposed to be here but it made Brendon feel comfortable.

"Hey!" He practically yelled at the sight of me. He's smiling, which has me wondering why.

Hayley's laugh faltered and she sat back in her chair. She is mad, I can tell. But I can't with Brendon.

I mumbled a "Hi," and stood at the end of the bed. Hayley looked like she wasn't going to move at all and Brendon just looked happy to see me. "How are you feeling?"

"Better." Hayley cut him off. Brendon only smiled at her quickly.

"I'm all fixed up!" Brendon cheered from the bed. I noticed he had his school work set out on the small table used for eating. It's definitely like Brendon to not forget about school. "How's work?"

"Oh, works good."

"Jesus Christ!" Hayley yelled and stood up. She marched to the door and closed it behind her. We both stared as she angrily walked past the window and down the hall.

He sits still. I see his chest moving slowly up and down. Slower than normal. Looking at him makes me mad at myself. I'm a big jerk.

We didn't say anything. We just stared blankly at little knacks around the room. I tapped my shoes on the floor before saying something. "Wonder what that was about." He clicked his tongue and pulled his table closer. "Hey, look, I'm sorry."

"Don't be-"

"I am. I should've been around, you know?"

"It's fine-"

"Not really." I sigh and tap the railing at the end of the hospital bed.

"Dallon, it's okay, I didn't expect you to drop work to be around me for 12 hours a day."

"Technically, I wouldn't had to have dropped work." I shrugged, making a point into his rambling.

He smirked and was silent for a second. "Yeah, you could've been here." He grinned widely and stretched his arms. "But I think I can go for a walk... or something."

-

I'm so freaking proud of brendon urie u guys I love him so much he deserves everything good in the world

And his love for Sarah just gets my heart going man I love that for them ugh

-jj