40 | d a l l o n

ITS GETTING FRISKY YIKES THIS IS SOMETHING ELSE

-

Somehow I'm always awake in the middle of the night. Can't pin down what could be keeping me up. But it's definitely not Brendon cuddling close to me. If anything that should be helping me sleep.

Maybe that's the problem. I'm not used to having someone next to me. Like, at all, really. I was an 'every man for himself' kind of guy. I didn't really care about others successes or concerns.

But somehow Brendon broke that. It boggles my mind. How did he do that? And why?

I really don't know but in all honesty I don't care. Not to be sappy but he's probably the greatest thing to happen to me.

Brendons legs are tangled between mine and his cast arm is between us. He's snoring quietly. His other arm is draped over my chest and twitches occasionally. He's too much adorable.

He showed up at the hospital earlier today holding a bag of food. The food there tastes bad after a while. Needless to say, I was grateful for the breakfast sandwich and coffee.

He disappeared after lunch to let me continue work. And I didn't see him until I got back to my apartment and saw him shoving a straw down his cast. He looked a bit scared to see me but I ended up helping him reach the itch anyway.

I smile at the recent memory. He was so relieved to get it.

"I wish you'd tell me a space fact." I whisper quietly before kissing his head.

it's quiet for a moment while I think about anything and everything. Until Brendon speaks in a raspy tone.

"The Milky Way Galaxy will collide with Andromeda Galaxy in about 5 billion years." He says cooly. His voice is low and tired like he just woke up. He nudges his head into the crook of my neck and gets comfortable again. "And even though the Andromeda Galaxy is marginally bigger than the Milky Way, the Milky Way is thought to have more dark matter."

It spews out of his mouth like nothing. Just flows so naturally.

"I didn't mean to wake you."

He hugs me tighter in his arms while I feel the breath of his yawn on my neck. "It's okay, I quite liked that kiss."

"Well, in that case."

I lift his chin and stare for a moment. Even in the dark I can see his face. He's like a star. He knows everything. He shines on his own.

He closes the gap. He probably isn't fully awake yet. Or maybe he's been thinking as much as I have.

He pulls away from the kiss, eyes closed and mouth parted slightly. He looks so good.

"I don't know about you, but I wanna be alive to see the collision of two galaxies." He smiles like it would be the greatest thing in the entire universe. I mean, it probably is to him.

You see, he breaks up a kiss just to tell me he wants to see something like that. He does that shamelessly, too. He truly is something else. "If only you could live forever." He grins at the thought of living forever. I've never been opposed to the idea of living forever. Sounds kind of peaceful actually.

We kiss again, his hand tracing a line from my back to my hair softly. He tugs gently and immediately the kiss stops once again.

"I'm sorry- oh god, I didn't mean to do that!"

"Bren, it's okay!" He cringes and hides in the blanket. He's got a bright blush growing on his cheeks as he closes his eyes tightly and apologizes once more. I pull down the blanket, his eyes looking up at me embarrassed. "I... liked it."

He moves delicately, taking my hand to cup his cheek all the while not breaking eye contact. I brush my thumb on his skin, letting him pull me closer once more. I hover over him and a rhythm starts. Brendon tugs on my hair again and I feel his quick smirk in the kiss.

I move to his chin, then his neck, then my phone rings. Brendon reaches to stop it and succeeds proudly.

Who would be calling in the middle of the night anyway?

I go back to kissing his neck. His hands trace circles under my shirt before pulling it over my head.

My phone rings again so an unspoken agreement to let it ring is what we decide on.

Until it doesn't stop ringing.

"Just answer it." Brendon says, handing me the phone. He doesn't check to see who it is. It isn't nearly as important at this moment.

"Hello." I say boringly. I hope this doesn't take long. Brendon hasn't taken his hands off of me.

"Is this Dallon Weekes?"

"It is."

I shiver from Brendon's touch. He's really going to make this conversation hard.

"Why haven't you answered my damn calls? I called like 5 times from the hospital phone and only now resorted to my own cell phone!"

"Who is this?"

Brendon pulls me closer and lifts my chin teasingly. This phone call can't end any sooner. He kisses my chin then smiles before kissing my neck. I bite my lip to try to stay as quiet as possible.

"It's Cristi Williams."

Fuck.

"What's going on? Is it a patient?"

"You're Ryan Ross' emergency contact. You know what that means but incase you're still asleep and don't quite understand the importance, it means that you're the one they call when something is happening."

Brendon's hands slide down my waist but I stop him. "Wait, what's happening?"

"He's getting a heart, Dallon."

His eyebrows furrow in confusion. My reaction is nothing short of shock. "Really?"

"Yes! Now get over here. We're going into surgery but you should be here when he wakes up."

-

yikes that was sort of awkward to write but anyway I hope u enjoyed 👉🏻😩👉🏻

-jj