❤️24❤️ - Toxic Dreams

❤️Vote and Comment❤️

Sonakshi's hold tightened against the envelope. Her hands shivered when she tried opening it. The moment she saw the letter, her heart dropped completely.

Her worst fears came true....

Flight tickets to Delhi

---------------------------

"Mummy....wake up! Please don't leave me..... I promise it was an accident." Sonakshi cried as she saw her mother being dragged inside the ICU.

There was no one around the corridors when they sent her in. Her father wasn't around when she searched for him. She couldn't believe how he just abandoned her there.

"Maa......please. You promised me! Please don't leave" she clutched her hands while she saw her mother slowly opening her eyes.

She didn't break down quietly. It was like every atom of her being screamed in unison, traumatized that she should exist without her mother.

"S....o...na....." her mother breathed as the doctors monitored her pulse.

"Maa.... I didn't do anything. I am sorry" she cried with more violence than any gale. Fear creeped through her veins and she couldn't even breathe.

The doctors gave up and looked at her with sympathy.

She hated when they looked at her like that.

She hated when they couldn't do anything.

"Promise me....... that you would become a doctor one day............and save many more......lives"

"Mum.....come with me! I promise I will run faster this time" she choked as her eyes blurred with tears.

"So....na..... I can't....come-"

"Maa.....please don't stop talking" Sonakshi wailed and hugged her mother closer.

"Promis.....pro.....mise.... me Sona.... Y-you are born to save lives........Never....follow your....dad" She inhaled as her pulse dropped.

"Maa....I promise....just be back-"

"I....will....always be with.....you" she said and the next moment, her hand fell to her sides.

Sonakshi froze. She hugged her mother with her tiny hands and clutched her fingers tightly. She was scared to leave her mother. The doctors closed their eyes and turned away but Sonakshi didn't move. She didn't even cry anymore.

She just held her mother close to her

"Maa........."

Maa........

MAA......

MAAAAA............

"Sonakshi wake up!" she felt her body being jerked upwards, but she couldn't open her eyes.

She knew it was just a dream, but it felt too real. The pain felt as if it just happened yesterday. Fat tears rolled down her cheeks as she kept gasping for air. She grabbed onto the sheets so that her violent shaking would not cause her to fall down.

How could someone remember something that happened so many years ago?

She wished she could just forget her memories like that, but she couldn't. It took her approximately five minutes to realize that she was hugging Dev. His grip on her tightened when she tried to move away.