❤50❤ - Mrs Sharma

Sona gasped as she snapped towards his side and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Dev...stop." She squeaked as he slowly pushed his hands further inside.

"Dev if you don't stop.... Then I will"

"You will what? Call the police?" he smirked leaving her speechless.

-----------------------------

It was indeed a long journey.

Once Sona reached her Dadi's home, Dev extended his phone towards her and silently mouthed the word 'mum' to her. Taking the phone, she nervously placed it on her ears.

"Hello? Sona???" Asha's voice was loud and clear.

"Hello...maa?" Sona's voice was shaky as she reminisced the last conversation she had with Asha. How happy she was when she walked out of the house with Dev. All the lies....and betrayal still stood fresh in her mind.

"Sona? Are you fine beta? I heard that you weren't feeling well.... Are you fine now? You know...how much I missed you. Please come back home dear..... this house looks so empty without you" she spoke genuinely as Sonakshi just hummed in response. She didn't know what to say or how to react. She was just speechless at the moment.

Without responding much, she gave back the phone to Dev and left to her room. Asha on the other hand, was heartbroken with the lack of response from Sonakshi. But she understood Sona's position as well. After all the betrayal, it was expected that she wouldn't be the same anymore towards the people around her.

As Sona entered her room, she just sat down and cried looking at the property papers. She didn't know why she was so emotional, but she felt that it was necessary to let it out rather than holding it in. They were all her mother's property. An asset which looked meaningless without her mum.

When Dev entered behind, he saw Sona sitting at her corner and sobbing silently. This time, he didn't feel like consoling or holding her anymore. He was just too tired and wanted her to get better on her own. Her wounds were deep, and he was aware that it would take time to heal. Leaving her there, he walked towards the window and rested his arms on the railing. Gazing out at the quiet street, he sighed tiredly.

He was exhausted. There was so much of pain inside him which he didn't know whom to express it to. Sanjay was finally captured after so many years of hardwork. But there was still no peace inside him. He wanted to see Sanjay dead! Just like his father died, he wanted to give Sanjay the most painful death ever.

Unfortunately, that wasn't in his hands anymore. He had to follow the laws and face that monster tomorrow for interrogation. Just thinking about that, made his blood boil in anger. He didn't want to meet Sanjay anymore. It just intensified his wounds. Gripping on to the railings harder, he closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

As the mental and emotional turmoil started leaving, the physical pain started kicking in. His body ached in every corner. He wished he could just cry it out, like Sonakshi. But he couldn't. He was forced to hold it in.

When he was a child, he was forced to control his tears for the sake of his mother..... few years later, he was forced to stay alive because of the world..... and today, he was forced to stay strong because of Sonakshi.

Crying would make him weaker, or that's what he considered it would cause. He didn't want to scare Sonakshi any further by breaking down in front of her. He was only taught how to stay strong despite every miserable thing which occurred to him. And just like that, he kept struggling with his own thoughts.