❤64❤ - Heartbreaking Mission

He liked that.

Ignoring the entire incident, he wrapped his palms around Lina's wrist and pulled her out of the room. Before slamming the door shut, he mouthed to Sona the word 'lock'. When Dev was gone, Sona quickly locked the door and pasted her back against the door.

Gulping the pain at the back of her throat, she kneeled down and folded her hands together to pray. For the first time, she wanted to ask god for a favour. Not for her, but for....

Her husband

-----------------------------

"Dev, how dare she kiss you like that? And you...... You allowed that to happen?" Lina arms rested on her hips as she stared at him possessively.

"What else did you expect me to do?" Dev answered like a robot, making Lina even furious.

"I want to know Dev. What was that? .... What just happened in the room?" She repeated, still pointing towards his room.

"Well, that's a wife kissing her husband. End of discussion, okay?" Dev snapped and Lina's eyes widened.

"Wife? You told me that you were going to divorce her? What happened to that? Are you making a fool out of me?" she asked as her eyes enlarged in fear. Dev scoffed and just stared at the blank space behind her.

"DEVV I am asking you. Are y-"

"Have you ever seen me lying?" he snapped angrily, making her flinch.

"N...no"

"Then why the fuck are you so concerned and insecure?" he asked with anger blazing in his eyes.

"Because I am scared that you still love her. I saw the look you have been giving her and I don't like it at all. I don't want you to love her Dev. I want you to love me! Only me......" she said as Dev rolled his eyes at her. He still couldn't understand how she kept her hopes high.

Moving forward to him, she sighed.

"Dev.......... I really love you, you know?" her tone softened, and her lips twitched in a small smile. Taking baby steps towards him, she looped her hands around his neck and pulled him closer to her.

Her heavily scented perfume hit his nostrils, making him miss Sona's natural scent. He wished he could just push Lina from the railings and kill her on the spot. But nah, she deserved a better death than that!

"Lina, what are you doing?" he asked, as she smiled at him.

"You are still the same. Not liking romance in the hall and PDA etc.... Aren't you?" she chuckled as he immediately yanked himself away from her. Lina's eyes reflected hurt. She was upset when he strayed her hands away like it disgusted him, but Dev didn't care.

"You don't love me, do you?" she asked as her face contorted in pain. Her eyes showed her vulnerability as she moved closer to him.

"Dev.......... Please forgive me. I know I did lots of bad things to you. But I will be a better person now. Give me a chance and I will prove how much of a better person I can be. I know I cheated on you. Even now, I am forcing this relationship on you...... but I have no choice, I want you. I am so sorry, but I want to make this work badly. I truly love you and believe that I can convince you to fall in love with me again" She smiled at him as Dev looked at her gobsmacked.

He just couldn't believe how she could think that he would accept her so easily. Dev had already decided what's good for him and he knew what he wanted. No matter what she said, it wouldn't change his heart. He gave her the fakest smile as possible, hoping that Lina would catch that. But as usual Lina, was too busy confessing her love that she missed his reactions.