❤30❤ - Confusions

Dear son,

When you choose to love someone who is damaged,
you take on the responsibilities
of their past, their plan and their guilt.
You must be strong, must be patient.

You can stop the bleeding and hep their scars to heal again.
But they will always.....always be a little broken.

If you can handle that...
If you can accept the dents and cracks...
If you can get them to trust you,
you will never find a better companion in life.

Above everything else,
they are the ones
who know the real truth about survival

--------------------------

Dev woke up early in the morning, only to notice that he was trapped under Sonakshi's arms. Her entire body was facing his side and one of her arm was clutching his collar tightly. She was holding him like her life was depended on him. Her body was still slightly burning from the fever. Her face looked so pale and he could see her tear stained cheeks. Dev understood that it was the fear which enabled her to come closer to him and not the love.

One thing he adored about her was, her strength. Even during the worst times, she accepted the sudden changes in her life and tried adapting to it instead of resisting. The fact that she tried accepting him, was the most appreciable deed.

Dev sighed and slowly untangled himself from her clutches. Kissing her temples softly, he left the bed to bring her breakfast.

A few hours later, Sonakshi crawled to her other side but her movements were restricted by the soft pillows. She scrunched in tiredness and slowly opened her eyes. When she looked at the other side and found it empty, her eyes immediately fluttered open. Her mind went alarmed. It took her a few hours to recall where she was.

Where was Dev?

She looked around and spotted no one. Every muscle felt tight. Her body screamed at her to sprint down the house, to find someone, to spend the energy that kept piling in regardless of her inability to use it. Already her heart rate was accelerating, and her mind replayed the terrible flashbacks on a short loop. Noticing Dev's absence made her panic more. Her usual calmness was replaced by anxiety and brain flooding with negative ideas.

She was so close to screaming until she saw Dev entering inside the room.

Sona's POV

"Hey sunshine.....glad that you're awake! Want to brush first? I have brought some breakfast...." He spoke as I just stared at him.

I didn't know why I was searching for him in the first place. I was still breathless from the mini panic attack.

His eyes showed the kind of gentle concern my grandfather used to have. He laid his hand lightly on my shoulder, and instead of flinching like I usually did, I was soothed by it. He left his hand there and spoke with such a soft voice that I felt his voice was calming me more than the actual words. It felt as if I was wrapped in a blanket of his care.

When did I become so comfortable with him?

Come on Sona, he threatened you!

"Can I have my medicines? I can't even move" I interrupted to whatever he was speaking.

He looked amused for a moment before he spoke, "Sure.... But you need to eat first. I can help you get up...if you want?" he asked and I shook my head.