Author's Note

Before I update any parts, I just want to clear a few things and express my view on this story.

I am a writer and I don't like being biased to the characters. I neither like Dev or Sona in a biased way... To me, they are just fictional characters who were given life through my story.

I saw lots of comments stating about how Dev deserves all the pain and cruelty while Sonakshi's self-respect was more important. Comments stating that Dev was stupid, dumb and he doesn't deserve any forgiveness, made me feel really stunned. People talking about his lack of trust and his huge mistakes he did etc etc....

Firstly, I would like to highlight that Sona was living a cheap, low-life where she was thrown around, insulted and abused to the max. She was given no respect even when she came to London and lived with Natasha. Everyone treated her like a trash, one way or another.

Dev was the only one, I repeat ONLY one who gave her the respect that she deserved. When everyone disrespected her, he was the only one who loved her and made her feel so special.

Everyone said that Sona left the house to save her self-respect. But we can't deny that Dev built the self-respect that she has today. He treated her like a queen and saved her from the hell of the life she was living in. He provided her with the education she craved, happiness she deserved and brought her to his red carpet to proudly claimed her as his precious wife before millions of people.

Some commented that he sold her. NOPE. He gave her away in point of time because he wanted to capture her father and give her a happier life. He knew that her father wouldn't kill her because the properties were under her name. He also knew that Karthik cannot marry her because Dev had forcefully married Sona and he held all the legal documents. Even his forceful marriage had a purpose. Everything Dev did was only for the welfare of Sona. Everything he had ever done since he had Sonakshi was for her. It was never him...

Most of my readers failed to realise that Dev too is a human and he makes mistakes too. Maybe rejecting her at the altar was not a good decision. And yes he didn't trust her when it came to his brother. But lets just think this way..... I don't think even Sonakshi might have trusted him if she was in his position.

Because of a few mistakes he did, he doesn't become a bad person. His good deeds can't be ignored or forgotten. It's his response to pain and it's just different than many of us. I have lived my life with people who have anger management. And trust me, they are way worse than Dev.

The last few chapters are the breaking point of Dev and he's completely shattered. If readers are unable to feel his pain and relate.... Then I guess I have done a terrible job in justifying his character. I am sorry abt that 🙏

At the same time, claiming Sonakshi as selfish is also not acceptable. She was not an attention seeker or playing 'victim' like some of you said. Her response to grieve is clear like a crystal and hence, people can see her pain clearly unlike Dev. She never hides things and always tries to give her best to people. She never expected people's sympathy or complained that she was being treated badly.

Let's face the fact. Dev did hurt her. She didn't run away because she was a coward. She's just hurt, and she wants to give Dev the space he deserves. She finds herself worthless in the mansion and finds no way she could give her support there.

Conclusion, no one's a bad person. Everyone had a reason why they did what.... I hope I cleared some of the doubts and didn't hurt any feelings.

I love all your arguments and rants in the comments section. There's no right or wrong. I respect everyone's opinion😊. I don't reply to most of the comments because I am at work, but I read every single one of them.

*Those long comments really have my heart. I do screenshot them and keep it with me.*

PS. I want all my readers to read the previous chapter. Most of them are still sleeping, I think 😂. That's why I haven't posted the next update yet. It would spoil the fun!