❤53❤ - Flashbacks!

"You are also perfect Jia. It's high time you stop desiring what's meant for others and build your own life with what you have. You have a loving mother and wonderful grandparents. Stop hurting others and start appreciating the beautiful life you have." he smiled and looked at the broken face of Jia.

"You.......are right...... I have indeed wasted my own life by my stupidity."

"I am glad that you've realised this before it's too late......."

---------------------------

Dev watched the ceiling in despair. His mind was just lost in thoughts. There were too many things he wanted to do, say and watch. But he couldn't. His body was active and strong...yet there was a strange emotion weighing him down. He felt weak, drained and empty like an used up tea bag.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Mum, why am I always sitting behind and you get to sit infront?"

"Because mummy wants to sit with your dad" Asha smiled and winked at her five-year old son.

"Dad, why are we taking this route to the mall? This place is so quiet...."

"Dev... this is the shortcut to the mall. Just keep quiet till we reach there please." Manoj chuckled as he answered his curious child while driving the car.

Just as they were going, a lady in her late twenties, carrying an infant dashed in the way and blocked the road. The way she ran in the front made Asha scream in terror. Taken aback by shock, Manoj suddenly hit the breaks and the car stopped with a jerk, almost throwing Dev from his seat.

"Are you okay Dev?" Manoj asked as he turned behind and caressed Dev's face.

Asha panicked as she placed her hand on her protruding belly and clutched Manoj's hand for support. She looked at the lady and analysed her dishevelled state. Rolling down the window glasses, she peaked out and waved to her.

"Are you out of your mind? What were you trying to do?" Asha gasped.

"Excuse me Miss? What were you trying to do? We all could have been in danger if I hadn't stopped at the right time, you know?" Manoj shouted as the lady shook her head helplessly.

"I a-am really sorry but can you....help me? I.....I need to get to the nearest hospital. My daughter's hurt. It's an emergency. Please.... No one is stopping in this road....I can't seem to find any help at this time...." The lady spoke breathlessly as she walked closer to the car.

Manoj looked at Asha, who just shook her head with dismay. But looking back at the lady, they understood that it must be an emergency. Taking a deep breath, he faced the lady in distress and smiled at her.

"Fine.... Get inside."

Once the lady was seated in the back seat, Dev just frowned at her and crossed his arms. He didn't like sharing his space with that unknown lady.

"Anyway, what happened to your child?" Asha asked, looking at the child in her arms.

"Um...well, my child........s-she suddenly.... became unconscious......."

"What? Why?" Asha was quick to ask as she faced the woman who was now sitting, diagonally opposite her behind.

"S-she....she fell d-down and h-hit her head....After that.....she just....fainted" The woman looked down at the child and held her close to her chest. The infant was covered with a white cloth and Asha could only see the dark lashes against her pale skin of the kid.