❤️90❤️ - Breaking Apart

There was a long silence after the question was thrown. Sona grew nervous and she sneaked a little to her side. She saw Arjun nudging Dev in his side. Everyone in the hall started to become noisier while the marriage officials looked at Dev with a serious expression.

Finally, when Dev decided to speak......... the entire hall became silent. And this time with his answer, Dev managed to achieve the impossible.

He broke Sonakshi......completely.

"No."

--------------------------

There was absolute stillness. No one said anything... Everything appeared like a haze and Sona's eyes clouded with tears. Her ears heard nothing and the image of the scene infront of her slowly faded away. She could only see a blur image of Arjun screaming at Dev and the relatives getting into an argument.

Dev walked away from the hall, leaving everyone devastated. The officers shook their heads in disappointment and left the venue too. But Sonakshi didn't move. She just stood numb at the same place without even moving an inch. All her dreams and hopes had crumbled down infront of her eyes and yet, she couldn't believe them.

She felt betrayed, cheated and crushed.

She sat down on the nearest chair and looked at the empty wall behind. Her mind blacked out. She couldn't even think anything after that. The sharpness in Dev's words had torn her apart. She felt so humiliated and embarrassed. Nothing she said or did could have explained her state of mind then and there. So many people were talking to her, tapping her and shaking her, but she couldn't seem to pull herself out from the trauma.

"Sona!!! Sona look at me.... Listen Sonakshi!" Arjun shook her out of the daze. But all in vain. She wasn't even blinking.

"Sonakshi, that dumb guy!" Arjun pulled his hair in frustration. "I had no idea he would do this... I am so sorry Sonakshi. God.... Please say something Sona. Don't just sit down like this!" Arjun called her desperately.

Sona robotically moved her eyes towards him and stared straight like all the emotions had been drained out. Her dead eyes reflected the charcoal clouds above in the sky, their dark beauty lost in the chaos of the day.

"Sona... take some water please..." Tara came to her sides and rubbed Sonakshi's shoulders. But Sonakshi had no reaction.

"That useless guy! How dare he do that? Don't worry Sona, we will talk to him and knock some senses in his brain. You get up now and let's give him a good slap to bring him back to his senses." Tara muttered while Sona kept watching the stage with no emotions.

People who were seated in the hall slowly started to disperse. Their loud murmuring were crystal clear to her ears.

'Had expected this kind of reaction from Dev after his brother's death. Wonder what else she did to hurt him?'

'The slap she gave Tarun, damn..... it was good that Dev rejected her. She deserved it.'

'Wasted my time here. Should have known that this wasn't going to happen!'

Sona felt like she couldn't even cry. Her tears had dried up and heart felt empty. Why should she cry? She didn't feel like anything bad could happen after this. His rejection still echoed loudly in her ears.

NO

How easily he had said no? Why make fun of her feelings when they didn't even mean anything to him? He had gotten his revenge in the best way possible. Sonakshi couldn't tolerate the hurt that spread through her body like a wildfire. Every inch was causing pain, making her revolve back to where she came from.